DevOps Engineer - GCP
- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C.
Rapid advancements in cloud and virtualization technologies have unlocked dramatic shifts and improvements in how to handle complex workloads, code development and deployment lifecycle. KSM Consulting is committed to staying on the cutting edge of these developments to best serve our clients. You will bring a broad blend of technical skillsets to build solutions that deliver with speed and scale. Your role is dedicated to building and managing infrastructure, deployment pipeline, continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools, architecture, and security. You have an opportunity to forge the use of new technologies in unique and creative ways to help shape our client's cloud infrastructure, processes, pipelines, and workflows.
Consider your day-to-day responsibilities in this role:
- Design and build components encompassing network, security, identity, governance, development, and operations in Google’s cloud
- Operationalize solutions from proof-of-concept through production using automation for repeatability, maintainability, and to enforce standards
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Use emerging tools and methodologies to automate existing processes and design new cloud-based infrastructures based on infrastructure as code mindset; script and deploy infrastructure components
- Provide insight into and knowledge of the latest cloud architectures, technology, solutions, industry trends, and best practices
- Provide insight into and knowledge of the latest DevOps, technology, solutions, industry trends, and best practices
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand the IT business requirements, drive the analysis, and design the technical solutions in compliance with architectural blueprints and business strategies
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- This is a full-time, permanent opportunity only, we will not be accepting sub contractor agreements at this time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Mathematics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Certification as either a GCP Professional (Cloud Architect or Cloud DevOps Engineer) is a plus
- 5 or more years of experience doing infrastructure solution architecture
- 3 or more years of experience building cloud architecture within GCP
- Experience deploying web and service-based applications in Windows/Linux environments
- Experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms)
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates, and key management
- Experience with cloud infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Cloud Deployment Manager, etc.)
- Great working knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, and load balancing
- Experience deploying, managing, and monitoring infrastructure within Google’s cloud
- Working knowledge of modern application delivery methodologies such as containers, serverless frameworks, and microservices
- Familiarity with release management processes
- Familiarity with Source/Version control (Github, GitLab, DevOps, TFS, Bitbucket, etc.) and feature branching strategies
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMCers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- KSMCers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- KSMC compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- KSMC leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great KSMCer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and lots of ways to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer