Senior Learning & Development Specialist
- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing, Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
KSM Consulting is looking for a Senior Learning & Development Specialist to support business goals and initiatives as we continue to grow. As a key member of the Talent Team, you will work closely with the VP of Talent and leaders across KSMC to create KSMC University and support KSMC’s learning needs. You will bring exciting, modern, and comprehensive learning experiences to all of KSMC leading to phenomenal growth in our team members. This role will be pivotal in enhancing our current programs and discovering ways to improve the learning experience for all team members in our high growth oriented, learning environment. A high level of ownership and autonomy will be critical for success in this role.
Consider your day-to-day responsibilities in this role:
- Serve as a partner with leadership in identifying, creating, and approving training and development that meets the culture and growth needs of KSMC.
- Assist in development of training plans and opportunities that increase the knowledge across KSMC of engaging and including diverse voices in our work teams.
- Collaborate with appropriate leadership to develop and launch KSMC University, with effective curriculum and programs, materials, modifications to programs as needed, and add additional courses consistent with KSMC’s planned growth and the needs of KSMCers in all education continuums.
- Build a delivery bootcamp that takes all new consultants through the content and builds a community of practice for all of KSMC.
- Partner with subject-matter experts across KSMC and externally in creating training material, content for programs, and identify tools for relaying that content.
- Monitor training program effectiveness across the company.
- Lead all training logistics such as the agenda, invites, assessments, scorecards, and surveys.
- Develop a broad understanding of business units, workflows, and job responsibilities at KSMC and an expert knowledge of processes, procedures, and systems of job role(s).
- Create/update training materials incorporating different experiential learning methods while adhering to brand guidelines.
- Serves as owner/co-owner of existing training program(s).
- Monitor and utilize training grant dollars and reconcile training budgets.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- 3+ years working within a training and development capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Training & Development, or related field
- Prior experience working at a consulting company, especially as a billable consultant highly desired.
- Experience in content creation, maintenance of training materials and processes
- Success in developing ongoing training and development programs including metrics and benchmarks
- Understands adult-learning behaviors, content creation and has a demonstrated ability to develop engaging content and courses for online and in-person training experiences
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Expert in MS Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Understands training software and can provide recommendations to HR and leadership, prior experience implementing an organization wide LMS desired
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for research and data analysis
- Possess strong leadership qualities with ability to build trust across the company
- Self-motivated, creative thinker who is flexible and welcoming to change
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us...
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer