Desktop Support Specialist
- 200 E Berry St, Fort Wayne, IN 46802, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, and Washington D.C.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a Desktop Support Specialist to join the team. If you love to solve problems and add value, please consider what your typical days might look like…
- You will provide amazing support to our clients, greatly exceeding the experience of what anyone else has ever done for them.
- Build and install PCs and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards.
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents and tasks.
- Maintain installed PCs and peripherals with routine maintenance.
- Identify, log, and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems.
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines.
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients.
- Install & troubleshoot software.
- Track inventory of equipment.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- We require at least 1-3 years of experience as a Desktop Support Specialist or similar role.
- Ability to install, fix, replace computer hardware.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Be familiar with Microsoft SCCM and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to follow instructions and have good communication skills.
- A+ Certification recommended, relevant Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- This job entails moving computers, monitors, printers, and other IT related equipment.
- Must be able to lift up-to 50lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver license and pass both a drug screen and background check.
- Other relevant technology skills and knowledge bases.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer