- 2 M.L.K. Jr Dr SE, Atlanta, GA 30334, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing, Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need an experienced and proven Engagement Manager to join the team. As an Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring our clients thrive through the engagement(s) they have with KSMC, doing whatever it takes to deliver value and success. This will include acquiring mastery of the client’s business, technologies, and key resources across levels of the client organization. As a technology consulting firm, it is extremely important that all Engagement Managers have experience on complex technology projects and understand the kinds of complexities that exist on system transitions, data management projects, and product services. Primarily, the Engagement Manager will serve as the sole point of contact for their respective clients as both a trusted advisor and point of escalation when their most important initiatives call for it. Finally, it will also include helping ensure effective collaboration across all teams involved in achieving these goals.
Manage delivery on a given project or client-site including:
- Understand the client’s business intimately, their organizational structure, KPIs/OKRs, strategies, technical capital, and human capital, financial considerations, etc.
- Act as a solution architect, seek to understand their current technological landscape including relevant software, hardware, technical debt, risk aversion, velocity and proclivity towards change, etc.
- Understand KSMC’s scope of work and its intended outcomes and overarching purpose for the business
- Partner with the client by bringing them relevant, useful suggestions around people, processes and technology that complement the work we are already doing
- Participate meaningfully in our team’s solution process regarding any of the following subjects and feel confident in your ability to represent, in an ongoing way, those ideas to senior leaders on behalf of the team:
- Data Management
- Data migration
- Product selection
- Solution Road Maps
- Implementation approach; agile versus waterfall delivery methodologies
- Procurement techniques
- Support Project Managers on all escalation points around resourcing, solution design and implementation, budget, timeline, and cost
- Mentor, coach, and train others around our company on how to reflect these capabilities
- Provide check-ins around how all active projects are going on the account both formally and informally
- Bring solutions and ideas to the client or joining them in ideating about new, exciting opportunities to innovate their business and services/products
- Be a confidential support to them on any challenging realities they face around people, processes or technology, with the intent of helping them overcome these challenges through creative techniques
- Stay attuned to the context surrounding the client’s industry and market
Manage the internal portfolio finances including:
- Leading monthly meetings with the KSMC Finance team around accounting updates including the portfolio level roll up of projects, deliverables and invoices
- Ensuring invoices are paid in contractually agreed time frames
- Forecasting net new projects for the account, managing those ideas from inception through signed SOW and ensuring all proper parties are collaborated with through that process
- Providing clarity and recommendations managing any WIP in a given account
Perform Contract Management for the account including:
- Ensuring all active projects are aligned to contracts
- Creating and managing all contracts for services with assigned account(s) including managed service agreements (MSA), contracts, renewals, extensions and amendments
Manage Client Capital including:
- Referral Capture
- White Paper and content management
- IP process proactive management
Client Need Forecasting:
- Product backlog enhancement ideation, Solution/technology innovation, cost savings, integrations, data products/services, process products/services, legislative consideration for the future, and competition velocity/quality review
- Partnering with Sales to build a strategy around what ought to come next for the client and how we might provide services/products/partners to support them
Participation as key lead on all business development activity for specific client. Including:
- Extensions, amendments, and new scope development
- RFP process lead including RFI responses, written responses, Q&A, orals, competition assessment, strategic partnerships (MBE,WBE,VBE), BAFO, and any other area (focused on how we continue to win)
- Loss retrospective and lessons learned
- Contract vehicle identification
- Solution Excellence (pushing a partnership with sales to ensure the proposal is the best we can think of and aligned with what the client wants and needs)
- 5+ years experience managing complex work portfolios strategic to an executive team
- Technical competency
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Jira, Smartsheet, Azure DevOps, Trello, and/or other Project Management software
- Knowledge of Municipality, State and Federal government work a plus
- Experience in consulting is a plus
- Excellent Communicator
- Quick technical aptitude; can learn technology stacks/infrastructure/application dev/data quickly, retain and add value
*Note: This role requires significant amount of work in the Atlanta, GA area. Candidates outside of Atlanta will need to consider relocation or expectation of high-travel.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer