Director of Training & Development
- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing, Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
Are you a training and development Rockstar looking for your next opportunity? Consider this leadership position at KSMC where you can take your passion for development and apply it to our growing workforce of naturally curious problem solvers who thrive in a culture of continuous learning and innovation. The Director of Training and Development will work closely with the Director of Talent Management to create meaningful growth and development opportunities to support our team members’ career progression and the organization’s robust growth plans. You will interact with all levels within the company to create and execute master training plans, contributing to the breadth and depth of skills within our team.
Consider your day-to-day responsibilities in this role:
- Serve as a partner with leadership in identifying, creating, and approving training and development that meets the culture and growth needs of KSMC.
- Develop training plans and opportunities that increase the knowledge across KSMC of engaging and including diverse voices in our work teams.
- Collaborate with appropriate leadership to develop and launch KSMC University, with effective curriculum and programs, materials, modifications to programs as needed, and add additional courses consistent with KSMC’s planned growth and the needs of KSMCers in all education continuums.
- Lead the creation of training material and content for programs and identify tools for relaying that content to relevant personnel.
- Implement and monitor all training programs across the company to include SMEs through interactive courses.
- Lead key development programs including those specific to delivery excellence, leader in training, leadership academy, and early career programs like mentoring and rotational opportunities.
- Develop metrics and KPIs aligned to the organizational goals that align with growth based on our learning and development objectives
- Monitor and ensure the achievement of results (follow on studies for completed training programs) within the approved training department budget and communicate to leadership
- Conduct research and make recommendations for learning management systems and databases.
- Create training opportunities that supports our career path structure including defining competencies and skill development training that support growth within the system.
- Lead the development and documentation of training paths for key positions within the business.
- Run the organization-wide master training plan and monitor opportunities for training grants.
- Define and collaborate with leadership to ensure alignment and understand training needs specific to each department.
- Maintain knowledge and stay up to date with latest instructional technologies through personal networks, workshops, and participation in professional industry associations.
- Support the succession planning process by developing content and opportunities for high achievers to develop necessary skills to level-up.
- Develop a Train the Trainer program that educates others to be coaches and teachers of content consistent with adult-learning principles and audit for consistency.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- 8+ years working within a training and development capacity
- 5+ years working at a senior position in training and development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Training & Development, or related field
- MBA is preferred
- Prior experience working at a consulting company, especially as a billable consultant highly desired.
- Experience in content creation, maintenance of training materials and processes
- Success in developing ongoing training and development programs including metrics and benchmarks
- Understands adult-learning behaviors, content creation and has a demonstrated ability to develop engaging content and courses for online and in-person training experiences
- Leadership and mentor experience in guiding team members to drive continuous results
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Expert in MS Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Understands training software and can provide recommendations to HR and leadership, prior experience implementing an organization wide LMS desired
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for research and data analysis
- Possess strong leadership qualities with ability to build trust across the company
- Self-motivated, creative thinker who is flexible and welcoming to change
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer