- 800 E 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46240, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing, Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
You will be directly responsible for the solutions we build for our clients, addressing their business needs through requirements gathering and collaborating on solution reviews. We are looking for self-starters with the skills necessary to empathize with the clients’ needs, translate technical complexities, develop appropriate solutions, and contribute to the growth of our technology and data-driven company.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
- Creating logical and physical data models and diagrams to support backend development of advanced data solutions.
- Working closely with a team comprised of Data Engineers, Data Architects, Data Scientists, and Business Analysts to create conceptual data models and data flows.
- Documenting and maintaining data model metadata including data definitions, data relationships/dependencies, data restrictions, and data security policies.
- Working with Data Architects and Data Engineers to transform logical data models into physical database designs and creating DDL scripts for deployment.
- Assisting Data Architects and Data Engineers in data mapping activities and data profiling.
- Conduct research and development as well as contribute to the long-term positioning of and emerging technologies related to data modeling, metadata management, and data governance.
- Documenting solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and charts.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience with physical and relational data modeling
- 3+ years’ working with SQL and data models on relational database platforms (MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, SAP HANA, etc.)
- Expert level hands-on experience using erwin Data Modeler
- Experience with other products in the erwin EDGE platform
- Experience with other data modeling tools (ER Studio, Toad Data Modeler, PowerDesigner, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with metadata management and related tools
- Experience creating diagrams of ETL processes
- Exposure to Graph database technologies (Neo4j preferred) and data models a plus
- Exposure to NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.) a plus
- Exposure to Cloud Data Platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP) a plus
- Exposure to Data Governance practices a plus
- Experience documenting API endpoints a plus
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer