Senior Network Engineer
- 800 E 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46240, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a Senior Network Engineer to join our Business Technology Project Engineering team. If you love to solve problems and add value, please consider what your typical days might look like…
- Participating in the daily planning, tracking, scheduling, and executing of project tasks and general network operations activities.
- Diagnosing, resolving, and documenting hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Designing and implementing networks to ensure reliable operation for business objectives and processes.
- Administering and maintaining site infrastructure, including network connectivity, and Internet access.
- Troubleshooting of network-related issues.
- Installation and maintenance of site network equipment (Routers, switches, and wireless solutions).
- Supporting the definition of network architecture, evaluation of products, and implementation of new technologies into the network.
- Ensuring that all network technologies comply with industry standards (PCI, SOX, etc..)
- Keeping customer documentation up-to-date and accurate.
- Delivering assigned operational and project commitments to customers, utilizing the entire customer team as necessary and as agreed upon with the Project Lead.
Some of the skills we are expecting are. . .
- We require at least 8+ years of experience in routing, switching, and load balancing as well as a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- Technical Certifications such as CCNP, BCNE, NSE6, JNCIE, ACDP, etc. are highly desirable
- You should possess expertise with network systems, standards (LAN, WAN, MPLS, SD-WAN) and protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF
- In-depth knowledge of network security including NGFW, IPS, IDS and VPNs,
- Cloud Networking Experience (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience planning, designing, and deploying network architectures
- Proven ability in network capacity and performance planning and monitoring.
- Possess a thorough understanding of 802.11 principles.
- Strong ability with end-user device connectivity
- In Depth knowledge of QoS and traffic shaping
- Knowledge of 802.1X implementation strategies
- Proven ability to analyze and solve network incidents
- Experience in executing medium to large-scale projects.
- You should possess excellent communication and client service skills, both written and oral, including a proven ability to create detailed technical documentation.
- You should possess strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer