- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
At KSMC we are fearless problem solvers. We are passionate about helping our clients solve their toughest problems. Data analytics is a core component of how we do this.
We are looking for Data Architects to join our talented data analytics team. As a Data Architect, you will work closely with many teams across our company on complex, advanced analytical projects to perform data sourcing, data quality, and other data manipulation functions.
You will be directly responsible for the solutions we build for our clients, addressing their business needs through requirements gathering and collaborating on solution reviews. We are looking for self-starters with the skills necessary to empathize with the clients’ needs, translate technical complexities, develop appropriate solutions, and contribute to the growth of our technology and data-driven company.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
- Architecting data models to support backend development of advanced data pipelines and repositories for data analytics solutions
- Leading the architecture design and engineering implementation of end-to-end data analytics solutions
- Working closely with a team comprised of data engineers, data architects, data scientists, business analysts, project managers, and solution architects
- Participating in client-facing project activities such as assessments, requirements gathering, solution reviews, and explaining technical complexities and business benefits in layperson terms
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field is required
- 3+ years as a Data Architect
- 5+ years of data engineering, software engineering, or similar experience
- Hands-on experience with all aspects of data architecture design and engineering implementation including data sourcing, data modeling of warehouses/marts/repositories, data integration/transformation/ETL, APIs, reporting, business intelligence and analytics
- Experience with data strategies related to data assessments, data quality, metadata, data security and data governance
- 3+ years hands-on industry experience working with SQL on various relational database platforms (Microsoft, Oracle, Hana, Postgres, etc.)
- 2+ years hands-on industry experience working with enterprise ETL/DW tools like Azure Data Factory, Snowflake, Redshift, Informatica, etc.
- 1+ years hands-on experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Graph databases like Neo4j (preferred), Cosmos DB, Neptune, etc. a plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc. a plus
- Experience with “big data” and distributed tools like Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera, etc. a plus
- Experience with Docker for containerization and Kubernetes for orchestration a plus
- Collaborative team player who is detailed oriented, focused on solution quality and execution
- Progressive mindset particularly around deployment models and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working across wide range of project sizes and industries
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer