- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
KSM Consulting is a technology, data analytics, and management consulting firm. Since our founding in 2008, KSMC has grown steadily in its services, client base, and number of employees.
KSMC’s mission is to help our clients and each other succeed. For our data team, this includes tackling some of the most challenging business and social service challenges with insights derived from data. Our talented team of professionals embodies the KSMC Values: Client Focused, Fearless Problem Solving, Thought Leadership, Technical Excellence, Collaboration and Teamwork, Empathy, and Perseverance. We combine solution packages with open source platforms to deliver exceptional solutions for clients, encouraging creativity through Design Thinking methodology.
At KSMC we are fearless problem solvers. We are passionate about helping our clients solve their toughest problems. Data analytics is a core component of how we do this.
We are looking for Data Engineers to join our talented data analytics team. As a Data Engineer, you will work closely with many teams across our company on complex, advanced analytical projects to perform data sourcing, data profiling, and other data manipulation functions.
You will be directly responsible for the solutions we build for our clients, addressing their business needs through requirements gathering and collaborating on solution reviews. We are looking for self-starters with the skills necessary to empathize with the clients’ needs, translate technical complexities, develop appropriate solutions, and contribute to the growth of our technology and data-driven company.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
- Work closely with the solution leads, project managers, data architects, and data scientists on solution design, architecture, and implementation.
- Performing extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using various data engineering tools and methods.
- Querying and processing large data sets and perform data quality checks.
- Designing and implementing data solutions for operational and secure integration across systems.
- Assist in creating database models and architecture design and documentation
- Conduct research and development as well as contribute to the long-term positioning of and emerging technologies related to data sourcing, cleansing, and integration.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Involvement in client-facing project activities such as requirements gathering, solution reviews, and explaining technical complexities and business benefits in layperson terms.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field is required
- 3+ years of data engineering, software engineer, or similar experience
- 2+ hands-on industry experience working with SQL on various relational database platforms (Microsoft, Oracle, Hana, Postgres, etc.)
- 2+ hands-on industry experience working with enterprise ETL/DW tools like Azure Data Factory, Snowflake, Redshift, Informatica, etc.
- Hands-on experience with aspects of data engineering design and implementation including data sourcing, data modeling of warehouses/marts/repositories, data integration/transformation/ETL, APIs, reporting, business intelligence and analytics
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB (preferred), CouchDB, Cosmos, etc. a plus
- Hands-on experience with Graph databases like Neo4j (preferred), Cosmos DB, Neptune, etc. a plus
- Experience with Docker for containerization and Kubernetes for orchestration a plus
- Experience with “big data” and distributed tools like Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera, etc. a plus
- Collaborative team player who is detailed oriented, focused on solution quality and execution
- Progressive mindset particularly around deployment models and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working across a wide range of project sizes and industries
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer