Director of Application Development
- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
KSM Consulting (KSMC) is seeking Director of Application Development with a strong consulting background to lead its dynamic and growing development teams. This team delivers innovative solutions to a variety of public and private sector clients, with projects ranging in size. Successful team members at KSMC understand their clients’ objectives and build credibility quickly.
Successful candidates should demonstrate leadership and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to build effective relationships with all levels of the client organization and KSMC team. The Director – Application Development must be able to effectively apply skills, practicality, and experienced judgement to manage others, proactively solve problems as they arise, and seek to understand the root cause of known issues in order to mitigate them.
Consider your day-to-day responsibilities in this role:
- Effectively lead in-house development teams and business resources to achieve high quality, timely product releases properly aligned to the client strategy and end user needs.
- Ensure software requirements, architecture, and processes are fully documented throughout the project.
- Manage and maintain development tasks, milestones and resource allocation
- Coordinate and track efforts of both business and technical resources
- Create strong client relationships
- Participate in sales and solutioning processes
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with client, assigned resources, and vendors to ensure completion of projects on time and on budget
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and resolve deliverable risks
- Provide thought leadership and innovation to application, and cloud, development practices
- Build technical leaders, and succession planning, among teams
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- Strong background managing software development teams and projects
- Ability to manage product release cycles - familiarity with design, build, validation, testing, release management, etc is key.
- Ability to work effectively and lead in a matrixed environment
- Ability to align technology solutions and associated project plans with client strategies
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to proactively manage risk and lead through influence
- Ability to take on new challenges and work outside of one’s comfort zone
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your workday.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status
Equal Opportunity Employer