Senior Software Engineer (Data) (Open to Remote)
- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
To continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a senior software engineer to join the talented data science team. In this role, you’ll report to the data science lead and work with a strong team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Architects to solve some of the most exciting and challenging problems faced by companies and governments in today’s fast-paced environment. Many of your efforts will provide you the opportunity to apply innovative and difference-making decisions while working with complex and/or unstructured data. You will gain visibility with senior leadership and work with a team that prioritizes your growth. If you love to solve problems and add value, please consider what your typical days might look like:
- Design, develop and deploy efficient data pipeline for both structured and unstructured data
- Productionize the machine learning research on premise and Cloud
- Rapid prototyping and adoption of new data sources
- Maintain best software engineering practice
- Drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve quality of solutions
The right candidate for this role must have at least 4 years of hands on experience in python in an industry setting
Some of the skills and experience we are expecting include:
- Experience of software engineering in python/Scala /C++
- Experience with APIs, containerization and orchestration
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Proficient on Linux for both development and operations
- Experience with relational database and SQL (Postgres, Redshift, SQL Server)
- Expert knowledge of distributed computing, RDD and optimization techniques
- Expert knowledge of software architecture and design patterns
- Experience with NoSQL and streaming platforms, e.g. Kafka, MongoDB, Neo4j is a plus
- Experience with advanced analytics and modern machine learning techniques is a plus
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS) and services
- Experience with cloud native services such as AWS EMR, Azure databricks, HDInsight, Sagemaker is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field is required
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your workday.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status
Equal Opportunity Employer