- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our 135-person (and growing!), Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
At KSMC we are fearless problem solvers. We are passionate about helping our clients solve their toughest problems. Data analytics is a core component of how we do this.
We are looking for Data Architects to join our talented data analytics team. As a Data Architect, you will work closely with many teams across our company on complex, advanced analytical projects to perform data sourcing, data profiling, and other data manipulation functions.
You will be directly responsible for the solutions we build for our clients, addressing their business needs through requirements gathering and collaborating on solution reviews. We are looking for self-starters with the skills necessary to empathize with the clients’ needs, translate technical complexities, develop appropriate solutions, and contribute to the growth of our technology and data-driven company.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
- Architecting backend development of advanced data repositories and data analytics solutions
- Working closely with a team comprised of data engineers, data architects, data scientists, business analysts, project managers, and solution architects
- Participating in client-facing project activities such as requirements gathering, solution reviews, and explaining technical complexities and business benefits in layperson terms
- Assisting in architecting and integrating a multifaceted database, frontend, machine learning, and data integration solution
- Leading the design and implementation of database schemas and architecture design and related documentation
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 5+ years of database architecture, database development, database programming, or similar experience
- Hands-on experience with all aspects of database architecture design and implementation including data sourcing, architecture, and data modeling of warehouses/marts/repositories, data integration/transformation/ETL, APIs, cubes, reporting, and analytics
- Experience working with various relational database platforms (Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Experience with in-memory database technologies a plus
- Experience with “big data” and distributed database tools like Hadoop a plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, BigTable, HBase, etc. a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, etc. a plus
- Exposure to various application development platforms
- Collaborative team player who is detailed oriented, focused on solution quality and execution
- Progressive mindset particularly around deployment models and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working across wide range of project sizes and industries
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
Must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
KSM Consulting generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in KSMC’s determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer