Senior System Administrator
- 800 E 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46240, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our 135-person (and growing!), Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a Senior Systems Administrator to join the team. If you love to solve tough problems, lead teams, and provide excellent client service, please consider what your typical days might look like…
- You will lead a team in the delivery of IT support services and IT project implementation for our clients.
- You will perform strategic planning in conjunction with our clients, including identification and analysis of projects to fulfill strategic and operational needs.
- You will deliver assigned operational and project commitments to clients, utilizing the entire client team as necessary and as agreed with the Client Team Lead
- You will provide amazing support to our clients, greatly exceeding their experience of what anyone else has ever done for them.
- You will escalate customer support requirements as appropriate, communicating relevant information (such as criticality and timeliness), and confirming acceptance of the escalated issue.
- You will manage the integrity and security of clients’ data, servers, devices, and software to support the database server, application servers, and storage systems of our clients’ businesses.
- You will manage clients’ primary internal systems, from email to file sharing.
- You will implement and maintain Remote Access Systems (VPN, RDS, Citrix, VMware).
- You will manage and maintain phone systems as needed (Cisco, Avaya, VOIP, Digital).
- You will manage security administration, ensuring all machines are protected and properly updated with Endpoint Security, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Anti-Spyware, etc.
- You will maintain domain policies, DNS, DHCP, and other integrated systems.
- You will keep client documentation up-to-date and accurate, including help desk tickets.
- You will work collaboratively with teams of smart, thoughtful people to best meet the needs of our clients.
Some of the skills we are expecting are. . .
- You should possess strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems.
- You should possess excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and oral.
- You should be able to explain just about anything technical to anyone, regardless of their background.
- MCSA, CCNA or equivalent certification.
- You should be willing to participate in an on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as necessary.
- You should have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You should have 6-8 years of system admin or related experience.
Some of the technical skills we are expecting. . .
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, WIN, XP, WIN7, WIN8, WIN10,
- Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
- VMware vSphere and/or Microsoft HyperV
- Storage Area Networks (EMC, HP, Dell)
- Firewalls, Switches, Routers, VLANs (Cisco, SonicWall, WatchGuard, Fortigate, HP, etc.)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Hosted Exchange)
- Content Filters (Barracuda, Untangle)
- Backup Solutions (Backup Exec, Barracuda, MozyPro, Veeam, Windows Backup, etc.)
- Spam Filters (Hosted MxLogic, Postini, Forefront, and Barracuda appliances)
- Antivirus Software (Trend Micro, Symantec, Vipre, McAfee, Security Essentials)
- Connection Technologies (T1, Fiber, MPLS, PRIs)
- Microsoft SharePoint administration
- Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer