- 800 E 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46240, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our 135-person (and growing!), Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need an experienced and proven Accounting Associate to join the team. Your typical day might include a combination of, but not limited to, the activities outlined below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accounts Payable: enter bills, manage the check-writing process
- Accounts Receivable: invoicing process and cash application
- Account Reconciliation – bank and other balance sheet accounts
- Provide fixed asset accounting as needed
- Familiarity with payroll processing both internal and external
- Post transactions accurately and in a timely fashion to accounts
- Run financial reports in Quickbooks Online on a regular basis
- Provide checks and balances for various reports and processes
- Assist other consultants in preparing monthly and yearly reports
- Interaction on-site with client management and staff
- Work with other consultants and client management to streamline processes
- Recommend ways to reduce operating expenses based upon a detailed review
- Maintain a positive, customer-service-oriented attitude
- Local travel as required
KEY SKILL SETS
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Work independently as well as within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to set & meet deadlines, work under pressure, and pay strong attention to details
- Enjoy working with high-energy in a variety of industries
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and excellent attendance record
- Minimum of a 2-year degree in accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- A/P, A/R, and G/L account reconciliation experience
- Strong computer skills including advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Must have 3+ years of experience with Quickbooks and/or QB Online accounting software; experience with solutions that integrate with QBO is a plus.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer