- 800 E 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46240, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our 135-person (and growing!), Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
A qualified DevOps Engineer will possess strong analytical skills, a willingness to learn and grow their skill set and be comfortable working across different client environments. Candidates should be able to identify automation opportunities, designs, and develop automation solutions that improve client’s operations and efficiencies. This role will blend system administration and development skills to build solutions that deliver with speed and scale. This role is dedicated to building and managing infrastructure, security, deployment pipeline, CI tools, and architecture. We are looking for somebody who can help us shape not only our client's infrastructure, but processes, pipelines, and workflows as well.
- Designing cloud, hybrid and on-premise infrastructure and automated systems to support distributed architectures
- Developing tools to manage configurations and deployment of infrastructure
- Development of and training on forecasting and planning techniques, enabling clients to scale while remaining efficient
- Collaborate with developers to design and set up computing environments that meet requirements
- Develop libraries, front-ends, and frameworks to support a highly-automated Continuous Improvement environment
- Provide insight into and knowledge of the latest DevOps best practices, technology, solutions, and industry trends
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand the IT business requirements, drive the analysis and design the technical solutions in compliance with architectural blueprints and business strategies
- Use DevOps methodologies to automate existing processes and design new cloud-based infrastructure based on infrastructure as code mindset
- Document and communicate all aspects of automated processes
- Provide infrastructure architecture advice, planning guidance, and quality assurance guidance development and infrastructure teams
- Provide insight into and knowledge of the latest cloud architectures, technology, solutions, and industry trends
- Implement and evaluate cloud-based security using best practices
- Undergraduate degree or appropriate industry experience of 2 - 5 years.
- 2-5 years of experience developing software in Linux platforms
- 2-5 years of experience performance tuning and capacity planning for scalable infrastructure
- 1-3 years of experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- 1-2 years working experience with automation scripting with Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools such as AWS CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experienced in using CI/CD tooling like Jenkins, Azure DevOps or similar technologies
- Familiar with the cloud platforms our clients use such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure design principles.
- Working knowledge of modern application delivery methodologies such as containers, serverless frameworks, and microservices.
- Familiar with release management processes
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as:
- Source/Version control (Github, GitLab, TFS, Bitbucket, etc.) and feature branching strategies
- CI/CD tools (BuildMaster, Jenkins, etc.)
- Infrastructure as Code frameworks (Azure Resource Manager, Terraform, etc.)
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Scripting and programming languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Jira and Confluence
- Database administration (Mongo, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.) desired
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across functional groups
Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable
Travel Required: Less than 25%
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
KSM Consulting generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in KSMC’s determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer