Junior Web Developer
- 800 E 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46240, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our 135-person (and growing!), Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
Our business is growing and we're in search of a new, dynamic team member to help develop integrated solutions and enterprise level software. A candidate is someone who learns quickly and functions with limited supervision. They must be able to move quickly between different programming languages and environments. Taking responsibility and communicating with other team members and clients about potential issues and solutions so projects stay on time and within budget is crucial. Our ideal candidate is also excited about working in a fast-paced, small business environment. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software including React, VueJS, Angular, HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to stakeholders in the development of software.
- Installs software and user utilities for modifications and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Acts as liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Understands and implements modern code architectures in an enterprise environment.
- Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
- Utilizes other platform’s APIs and open source utilities to create fully integrated solutions.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from four-year college or university; or two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have hands-on experience designing, developing, and coding multi-tiered enterprise level solutions.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and technical documentation.
- Present and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong relational database knowledge data modeling and programming to include queries, views, UDF and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of database systems including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, SQLite, or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with web technologies including React, VueJS, Angular, HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
- Knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, text editors, debuggers, compilers, design software, internet software, server diagnostic tools, and shell and database software.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
KSM Consulting generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in KSMC’s determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer