Data Engineer II
- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our 135-person (and growing!), Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
At KSMC we are fearless problem solvers. We are passionate about helping our clients solve their toughest problems. Data analytics is a core component of how we do this.
We are looking for Data Engineers to join our talented data analytics team. As a Data Engineer, you will work closely with many teams across our company on complex, advanced analytical projects to perform data sourcing, data profiling, and other data manipulation functions.
You will be directly responsible for the solutions we build for our clients, addressing their business needs through requirements gathering and collaborating on solution reviews. We are looking for self-starters with the skills necessary to empathize with the clients’ needs, translate technical complexities, develop appropriate solutions, and contribute to the growth of our technology and data-driven company.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
- Work closely with the solution leads, project managers, data architects, and data scientists on solution design, architecture, and implementation
- Performing extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using various data engineering tools and methods.
- Querying and processing large data sets and perform data quality checks.
- Designing and implementing data solutions for operational and secure integration across systems.
- Assist in creating database models and architecture design and documentation
- Conduct research and development as well as contribute to the long-term positioning of and emerging technologies related to data sourcing, cleansing, and combination
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Involvement in client-facing project activities such as requirements gathering, solution reviews, and explaining technical complexities and business benefits in layperson terms.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 3+ years of industry experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB (preferred), CouchDB, Cosmos, etc.
- 1+ years of industry experience with graph databases like Neo4j (preferred), AWS Neptune, etc. including automation of models programmatically
- 1+ years of industry experience with modern programming languages like Python (preferred), Java, etc.
- ·Exposure to relational database platforms like Microsoft, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with “big data” and distributed database tools like Hadoop a plus
- Experience with ETL tools like Informatica, SSIS, etc. a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, etc. a plus
- Collaborative team player who is detailed oriented, focused on solution quality and execution
- Progressive mindset particularly around deployment models and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working across a wide range of project sizes and industries
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer