Manager, Project & Program Delivery (Government/ Defence)
Our Project and Program Delivery team strategically partner with our clients to increase their likelihood of success by addressing challenges in developing and delivering major infrastructure projects and programs of work. We provide integrated project management, project controls, project delivery, planning and design and, contract compliance and assurance advice using data-driven tools and methodologies and provide practical and reliable project support services.
Forming part of the Project and Program Delivery team, this role will play a key role in supporting our clients’ needs by scoping and delivering projects on major complex infrastructure programs in the government and defence sector and day to day will:
- Be client facing, solving client problems, engaging with key stakeholders, and managing a program of work,
- Provide subject matter expertise including reviewing programs of work, identifying/ managing risks, supporting procurement, managing approvals, and briefing senior leaders,
- Build a high performing delivery team
- Maintain client relationships and build a presence at industry networking events
How are you extraordinary?
- You are able to prepare high-quality client-ready deliverables and present to the senior leadership teams for review
- You are a kind and compassionate leader with a passion for continually growing your leadership skills to get the best out of a diverse and multidisciplinary team
- You are tuned into business development opportunities, with confidence creating effective sales materials including proposals, case studies, and other sector-specific material.
- You are passionate about the future of infrastructure in Australia and around the world, and enjoy using your expertise to provide strategic, financial, transactional or commercial advice for major infrastructure projects.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Previous experience working on large complex infrastructure programs
- Relevant experience in providing project management/controls across the defence/ federal government sector
- Previous consulting and/or advisory skills and experiences are favourable. Construction management experience will also be beneficial.
- Must hold valid security clearance
We are looking for applicants that have Tertiary qualifications in Project Management/ Engineering/ Risk/ Commerce/ Finance or Economics.
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.