Senior Engineering Manager
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
KMS was established in 2009 as a U.S.-based software development & consulting company with development centers in Vietnam. Over 13 years of operation, we have been trusted globally for the superlative quality of software services, products, technology solutions and engineers' expertise.
- KMS Technology focuses on custom software development and a wide variety of consulting services
- KMS Healthcare specialises in the healthcare industry, provides a unique blend of consultative healthcare technology solutions backed by the power of full lifecycle development support
- KMS Solutions serves the Asia Pacific region, bringing the world's innovative technologies to help organizations achieve their business goals through world-class digital capabilities and fit-for-purpose solutions
Besides providing services, KMS builds and successfully launches its own software companies through its internal startup incubator, KMS Labs. The most notable companies with millions of users worldwide include QASymphony, Kobiton, Katalon, Grove, and Visily.
KMS is committed to providing tangible contributions and long-lasting impacts to the communities through leveraging our IT expertise. The company has also been recognized by prestigious industry awards as a great workplace in Vietnam, Asia, and the U.S. for many years in a row.
Senior engineering managers play both the roles of Group Managers (Resources Management focus) and Project Managers (Project focus). At the same time, senior engineering managers can be in charge of multiple projects/groups, or be the practice manager for a service of the company.
As Project Managers, the engineering managers coordinate all functional aspects of project team initiatives – Requirements gathering, Design, Development, Quality Assurance, and 3rd party vendors – to ensure that requirements are met and exceeded. Managers carry out this responsibility by motivating and guiding project teams while collaborating with internal/external customers throughout the software development process until project completion.
Managers are responsible for closely monitoring the schedule, scope and budget. Managers have the additional responsibility of influencing processes and methodologies, and in providing overall guidance to business objectives.
- In charge of sub-ordinates’ career path and performance review
- Plan recruitment, conduct interviews and make hiring decisions as needed
- Build process/procedures for the service that they are in charge of
- Listen and understand each staff;
- Give support and encouragement to ideas and staffs (career development plan);
- Deal with individual problems;
- Recognize and use individual abilities;
- Develop team spirit, motivate and build morale;
- Ensure communication within the group;
- Train the group.
- Manage client’s expectation, engagement, and stakeholder relationship
- Participate in pre-sales meetings and marketing events when required;
- Coordinate all aspects of a project throughout specific software development process methodology and project management software tools;
- Set standard, work with Test team to generate quality acceptance criteria for the project;
- Participate in software architecture, CI/CD, test design and engineering activities;
- Adhere to strict delivery schedules;
- Communicate project status and issues;
- Mentor and provide guidance to subordinates in the project teams.
Optional: Act as an instructor, course composer
Knowledge and skills required:
- Experience running a complex project (or multiple projects) more than 40 headcounts;
- Possesses solid knowledge and skill of software requirement, development process, project management and leadership;
- Perform exemplary work in managing projects, practice/service and mentor others in project management, leadership;
- Knowledge of specific domains and technologies that match the company's focus;
- Aptitude to learn and understand changes in software development process, procedures and methodologies;
- Good human relation skills, ability to collaborate effectively across departments and teams;
- Experience with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design processes;
- Strong presentation and client relation skills;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently - self directed;
- Committed to product quality & service standards;
- Team oriented.
Perks You'll Enjoy
- Working in one of the Best Places to Work in Vietnam
- Building large-scale & global software products
- Working & growing with Passionate & Talented Team
- Diverse careers opportunities with Software Outsourcing, Software Product Development, IT Solutions & Consulting
- Attractive Salary and Benefits
- Two performance appraisals every year and performance bonus
- Onsite opportunities: short-term and long-term assignments in North American (U.S, Canada), Europe, Asia.
- Flexible working time
- Various training on hot-trend technologies, best practices and soft skills
- Premium healthcare insurance for you and your loved ones
- Company trip, big annual year-end party every year, team building, etc.
- Fitness & sport activities: football, tennis, table-tennis, badminton, yoga, swimming…
- Joining community development activities: 1% Pledge, charity every quarter, blood donation, public seminars, career orientation talks,…
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (foosball, ping pong, gym…), coffee, and snack (instant noodles, cookies, candies…)
And much more, join us and let yourself explore other fantastic things!