Senior Engineering Manager, KMS Solutions
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Employees can work remotely
Established in 2009, KMS Technology is a U.S.-based engineering and services company with development centers in Vietnam. KMS Technology is trusted by international clients for the superior quality of products and expertise of Vietnamese engineers.
Besides providing services, KMS builds and successfully launches its own software companies through its internal startup incubator, KMS Labs. The most notable companies with millions of users worldwide include QASymphony, Kobiton, Katalon, and Grove.
Under the brand KMS Solutions, the company serves the Asia Pacific region, offering technology solution consulting and bringing the most advanced and latest technologies to the Asian market.
Senior engineering managers play both the roles of Group Managers (Resources Management focus) and Project Managers (Project focus). At the same time, senior engineering managers can be in charge of multiple projects/groups, or be the practice manager for the service of the company.
As Project Managers, the engineering managers coordinate all functional aspects of project team initiatives – Requirements gathering, Design, Development, Quality Assurance, and 3rd party vendors – to ensure that requirements are met and exceeded. Managers carry out this responsibility by motivating and guiding project teams while collaborating with internal/external customers throughout the software development process until project completion.
Managers are responsible for closely monitoring the schedule, scope and budget. Managers have the additional responsibility of influencing processes and methodologies, and in providing overall guidance to business objectives.
- In charge of subordinates’ career path and performance review
- Plan recruitment, conduct interviews and make hiring decisions as needed
- Build process/procedures for the service that they are in charge of
- Listen to and understand each staff;
- Give support and encouragement to ideas and staff (career development plan);
- Deal with individual problems;
- Recognize and use individual abilities;
- Develop team spirit, motivate and build morale;
- Ensure communication within the group;
- Train the group.
- Manage client’s expectations, engagement, and stakeholder relationship
- Participate in pre-sales meetings and marketing events when required;
- Coordinate all aspects of a project throughout specific software development process methodology and project management software tools;
- Set standards, and work with the Test team to generate quality acceptance criteria for the project;
- Participate in software architecture, CI/CD, test design and engineering activities;
- Adhere to strict delivery schedules;
- Communicate project status and issues;
- Mentor and provide guidance to subordinates in the project teams.
- Optional: Act as an instructor, course composer
Knowledge and skills required:
- Experience running a complex project (or multiple projects) with more than 40 headcounts;
- Possesses solid knowledge and skill of software requirements, development process, project management and leadership;
- Perform exemplary work in managing projects, practice/service and mentoring others in project management, and leadership;
- Knowledge of specific domains and technologies that match the company's focus;
- Aptitude to learn and understand changes in the software development process, procedures and methodologies;
- Good human relations skills, ability to collaborate effectively across departments and teams;
- Experience with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design processes;
- Strong presentation and client relation skills;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently - self-directed;
- Committed to product quality & service standards;
- Team oriented.
Thinking of joining KMS Solutions? Yes, you deserve it!
Progressive Career Development
- Role-based training foundation
- Active role on the global client-side
- Continuous professional certification
- Simple goals - achievable success
- Up to 15 months' salary/year
- Performance review twice a year
- Premium healthcare insurance
- 18+ paid leave/year
- Flexi mode, modern work environment
- Well-being centric
Impactful community organization
- Community development activities: 1% Pledge, KMS Gives charity every quarter, blood donation, public seminars, career orientation talks,…
Join us and let yourself explore other fantastic things!