SENIOR IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER (DEVOPS)
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Established in 2009, KMS Technology is a U.S.-based engineering and services company with development centers in Vietnam. KMS Technology is trusted by international clients for the superior quality of products and expertise of Vietnamese engineers.
KMS builds and successfully launches its own software companies through its internal startup incubator, UpStar Labs. Most notable companies include QASymphony, Kobiton, Katalon, and Grove. Under the brand, KMS Solutions, the company serves the Asia Pacific region, offering technology solution consulting and bringing the most advanced and latest technologies to the Asian market.
KMS is committed to making a long-lasting social impact by partnering with non-profit organizations that give disadvantaged students fair and better employment opportunities. The company regularly cooperates with universities, participates in IT training activities and specialized events, and sponsors scholarship programs in Vietnam. The company has received many prestigious industry awards, and has been named one of the greatest places to work in Vietnam, Asia, and the U.S. for many years in a row.
Your key responsibilities:
- Collaborate with all tiers of support to triage issues, file and update bug reports, and provide workflow and technical solutions.
- Provide technical support services to customers while liaising internally with pre-sales, product and engineering teams.
- Resolve issues in your queue while creating repeatable, steps-based documentation for both internal and external audiences.
- Provide direct 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to customers.
- Triage and work on incoming issues to bring them to quick resolution defined
- Standard services utilizing strong troubleshooting skills.
- Work with Linux and Windows servers in a system admin capacity to resolve complex problems.
- Work on network related issues, narrowing down the variables (switches, routers, LAN,
- VPN, Active Directory) to help isolate problems to a specific device, port, protocol, etc.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to recommend and implement cutting edge enhancements and features that expand our customer base and provide an improved customer experience.
- Deploy cloud-based servers using virtualization and containerization.
- You’ll query SQL and PostgreSQL databases to help gain a better understanding of customer issues.
- Responsibility/focus and be on-time in working.
- Compliance with security policy
- Work on-shift after working hours and weekends as scheduled (if needed).
- Customer focused: Enjoy solving customers’ problems and routinely go above-and-beyond to ensure a positive outcome.
- Analytical thinker: Able to look at data and identify trends. In fact, you may be the go-to person on your existing team to organize, sort, analyze data and make recommendations on action items.
- Relationship builder: Build constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect. You treat people well (coworkers, customers, vendors) and in turn, they respect and value their relationship with you.
- Clear communicator: You may not know all our specific tools yet, but you embrace database tools and various communication technologies to collaborate across teams. You document your process in detail, providing the right tone and information for the audience.
- Team player: We currently use an on-call rotation and everyone plays their part in this.
- Strong experience with networking skill set - TCP/IP & managing linux servers in system administration
- Strong Linux troubleshooting experience
- Strong experience with network related issues (switches, routers, LAN, VPN) to help isolate problems to a specific device, port, protocol, etc
- Experience deploying cloud-based servers using virtualization and containerization
- Experience using SQL query and PostgreSQL databases to help gain a better understanding of customer issues
- Programming experience using scripting languages such as Python, SQL, Bash as well as any experience working with agile software development methodology
- Experience Active Directory and LDAP administration
Nice to have:
- Video Editing platform experience
- LTO tape archive technology
- Stay on the cutting edge of video production workflows, including video editors (NLE software such as Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro X, Lightworks, etc.), cameras, file formats and codecs, broadcast technology, etc
- Chinese (Mandarin) speaking
BE YOUR BEST WITH KMS
- Working in one of the Best Places to Work in Vietnam
- Building large-scale & global software products
- Working & growing with Passionate & Talented Team
- Diverse careers opportunities with Software Outsourcing, Software Product Development, IT Solutions & Consulting
- Attractive Salary and Benefits
- Performance appraisals every year
- Onsite opportunities: short-term and long-term assignments in North American (U.S, Canada), Europe, Asia.
- Flexible working time
- Various training on hot-trend technologies, best practices and soft skills
- Premium healthcare insurance for you and your loved ones
- Company trip, big annual year-end party every year, team building, etc.
- Fitness & sport activities: football, tennis, table-tennis, badminton, yoga, swimming…
- Joining community development activities: 1% Pledge, charity every quarter, blood donation, public seminars, career orientation talks,…
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (foosball, ping pong, gym…), coffee (latte, cappuccino, espresso) and snack (instant noodles, cookies, candies…)
And much more, join us and let yourself explore other fantastic things!