SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Established in 2009, KMS Technology is a U.S.-based engineering and services company with development centers in Vietnam. KMS Technology is trusted by international clients for the superior quality of products and expertise of Vietnamese engineers.
KMS builds and successfully launches its own software companies through its internal startup incubator, UpStar Labs. Most notable companies include QASymphony, Kobiton, Katalon, and Grove. Under the brand, KMS Solutions, the company serves the Asia Pacific region, offering technology solution consulting and bringing the most advanced and latest technologies to the Asian market.
KMS is committed to making a long-lasting social impact by partnering with non-profit organizations that give disadvantaged students fair and better employment opportunities. The company regularly cooperates with universities, participates in IT training activities and specialized events, and sponsors scholarship programs in Vietnam. The company has received many prestigious industry awards, and has been named one of the greatest places to work in Vietnam, Asia, and the U.S. for many years in a row.
Senior engineering managers play both the roles of Group Managers (Resources Management focus) and Project Managers (Project focus). At the same time, senior engineering managers can be in charge of multiple projects/groups, or be the practice manager for a service of the company.
As Project Managers, the engineering managers coordinate all functional aspects of project team initiatives – Requirements gathering, Design, Development, Quality Assurance, and 3rd party vendors – to ensure that requirements are met and exceeded. Managers carry out this responsibility by motivating and guiding project teams while collaborating with internal/external customers throughout the software development process until project completion.
Managers are responsible for closely monitoring the schedule, scope and budget. Managers have the additional responsibility of influencing processes and methodologies, and in providing overall guidance to business objectives.
- In charge of sub-ordinates’ career path and performance review
- Plan recruitment, conduct interviews and make hiring decisions as needed
- Build process/procedures for the service that they are in charge of
- Listen and understand each staff;
- Give support and encouragement to ideas and staffs (career development plan);
- Deal with individual problems;
- Recognize and use individual abilities;
- Develop team spirit, motivate and build morale;
- Ensure communication within the group;
- Train the group.
- Manage client’s expectation, engagement, and stakeholder relationship
- Participate in pre-sales meetings and marketing events when required;
- Coordinate all aspects of a project throughout specific software development process methodology and project management software tools;
- Set standard, work with QA team to generate quality acceptance criteria for the project;
- Participate in software architecture, CI/CD, test design and engineering activities;
- Adhere to strict delivery schedules;
- Communicate project status and issues;
- Mentor and provide guidance to subordinates in the project teams.
Optional: Act as an instructor, course composer
Knowledge and skills required:
- Experience running a complex project (or multiple projects) more than 40 headcounts;
- Possesses solid knowledge and skill of software requirement, development process, project management and leadership;
- Perform exemplary work in managing projects, practice/service and mentor others in project management, leadership;
- Knowledge of specific domains and technologies that match the company's focus;
- Aptitude to learn and understand changes in software development process, procedures and methodologies;
- Good human relation skills, ability to collaborate effectively across departments and teams;
- Experience with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design processes;
- Strong presentation and client relation skills;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently - self directed;
- Committed to product quality & service standards;
- Team oriented;
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required;
- MBA, MSC in Software Engineering and professional certifications (i.e. PMP) are highly desirable.
Perks you enjoy at KMS
- Working in one of the Best Places to Work in Vietnam
- Building large-scale & latest technology software products
- Working & growing with Passionate & Talented Team
- Attractive Salary and Benefits
- Performance appraisal twice a year
- Onsite opportunities: short-term and long-term assignments in U.S
- Flexible working time
- Various training on hot-trend technologies, best practices, and soft skills
- Premium health care insurance for you and your loved ones
- Company trip in every summer, big annual year-end party every year, team building, etc.
- Fitness & sports activities: football, tennis, table-tennis, badminton, yoga, swimming…
- Joining community development activities: 1% Pledge, charity every quarter, blood donation, public seminars, career orientation talks,…
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (foosball, ping pong, gym…), coffee (latte, cappuccino, espresso) and snack (instant noodles, cookies, candies…
And much more, join us and let yourself explore other fantastic things!