AP Physics - High School Teacher
- Start Date: Next year opening
- Department: Teacher
KIPP KC is part of a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory charter schools with a track record of preparing students in educationally underserved communities for success in college and in life.
Together with families and communities, KIPP Kansas City Public Schools works to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence they need to pursue the paths they choose - college, career, and beyond - so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world. We are a Pre-K through 12th grade school located in the historical 18th and Vine District. We are part of a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory charter schools with a track record of preparing students in educationally underserved communities for success in life. KIPP KC opened its first school, KIPP Endeavor Academy, in 2007 with approximately 31 fifth grade students. Today, KIPP Kansas City has grown to serve students in Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade and is currently educating approximately 1,000 students.
Instructional Delivery and Assessment
- Develop or internalize year-long Missouri State standards-based (or other curriculum-based), backwards-planned unit plans and lesson plans that meet all students’ learning needs
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans in order to promote all students’ academic performance
- Embrace and incorporate feedback in the spirit of constant improvement
- Maintain accurate records, grade book, and data tracking systems
Academic and Cultural Support
- Assume personal responsibility for student achievement
- Collaborate with content and grade-level teams to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor
- Establish and maintain working relationships with students and families based on trust and respect
- Participate in the daily functions of the school such as morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties
- Attend critical school events such as staff meetings, open houses, and student-led parent conferences
- Meet professional obligations including timeliness and consistency in meeting deadlines
- Exemplify the school cultural expectations
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relentless focus on results and a commitment to teamwork
- Deep commitment to educational equity and underserved communities
- Valid Missouri Teaching license with required certification for subject and level assigned*
- Demonstrated knowledge of core subject area assigned
- Satisfactory outcome of a background check
*Applicants currently pursuing a certification may apply before certification is received. All certifications must be acquired and on file with KIPP KC before the end of the first year of employment.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, KIPP KC offers a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage and retirement.