[2023-2024] Operations Manager
- Start Date: Immediate opening
- Department: School-based Support
KIPP Capital Region is a part of a national network of high-performing public Charter Schools committed to creating joyful, academically excellent, and prepared students with the skills, ability, and confidence to pursue their paths to college, career, and beyond.
Located in both Albany and Troy, NY, KIPP Capital Region serves 2,500+ students in grades K-12 across seven schools. We believe every individual walks through the doors of schools bearing gifts. Talent. Perspective. Drive. Inspiration. So at KIPP Capital Region, we support every student and educator to see those gifts, then build the skills and confidence they need to thrive.
We are committed to furthering anti-racism, equity, and racial justice in all our efforts, and expect all of our stakeholders to participate in this work so that we can create a future without limits for our students, together.
The Operations Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining the school’s operational systems, allowing the school leader and teachers to focus on student’s academic achievement.
- Oversee the custodial team to maintain a clean, safe environment for our students.
- Ensure hallways and other public spaces reflect the school’s culture, brand, and mission.
- Support the Director of Operations in managing the school’s maintenance needs.
- Implement arrival and dismissal procedures that ensure our students enter and leave campus safely and orderly.
- Partner with vendors to ensure bus routes properly serve our school’s student population.
- Implement dining schedules that facilitate effective and efficient food service to all students.
- Manage the school’s relationship with the Food Service team to promote consistent service and safe operating practices.
- Manage procurement processes to ensure the school has all necessary supplies.
- Maintain accurate inventory records of the school’s assets.
- Verify and submit invoices and purchase card charges accrued by the school.
- Maintain communication channels that effectively and efficiently inform parents and guardians of important campus events and deadlines.
- Foster good relationships and solid communication with the school’s neighborhood community.
- Execute school student recruitment strategy to ensure 100% of available seats are full.
- Ensure students and staff have access to needed technology.
- Manage copy machine maintenance and supply orders.
- Lead the execution of the school’s end-of-year trips.
- Maintain a friendly, welcoming, helpful atmosphere for all who visit or contact the school.
- Support the coordination of student testing.
KIPP Capital Region
- Perform other duties as outlined by the Director of Operations.
- Committed to furthering anti-racism, equity, and racial justice in all our efforts, and expect all our stakeholders to participate in this work so that we can create a future without limits for our students together.
- Complies with all charter, federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including the NYS Department of Education, Department of Health, and NYS Office of Children and Family Services.
- Adheres to organization policies and procedures; promotes and supports mission, vision, and values, including developing and participating in internal surveys and data collection for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Commitment to anti-racism and equity
- Strong DEI lens with an exceptional creative power in leading anti-racist practices
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented, mission-driven culture
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve through feedback
- Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and flexibility to accommodate the high level of responsibility, multiple priorities, and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule outside of regular business hours.
- Ability to create and work within an inclusive environment that honors and supports a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
- Pass a Criminal Background Check
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University is required.
- At least three (3) plus years of experience working directly with students, preferably required in the charter, private, or public school environment.
- Prior experience working in schools and urban communities is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of regular business hours.
- Aptitude to create and work within an inclusive environment that honors and supports a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
When you join KIPP Capital Region, you are joining in on our promise to families that their children will enter college and the professional world able to thrive academically due to their literacy, numeracy, and core knowledge in science and social studies. We also promise that our students will develop a passion for learning and the drive necessary to persevere as they climb the mountain to and through college and career. Our graduates will be prepared to return to their community as teachers, leaders, and architects of continued growth in the Capital Region. And while the biggest perk to working at KIPP Capital Region is doing work that makes a lifelong difference in the lives of our students, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
- Flexible Work Arrangement
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Aggressive employer 403(b) contribution match
- Childcare benefits
- Unparalleled work/life integration
- Casual dress code
- Relocation stipend (conditions apply)
- And so much more! For more information on the benefits of joining KIPP Capital Region, please view our Employee Benefits Summary.
KIPP Capital Region offers a competitive salary ranging from $68,400 - $75,600. Salaries are determined using an equitable compensation scale that accounts for years of experience relevant to the role and longevity within the KIPP network. KIPP Capital Region will evaluate and determine the step/level a new hire will be placed within our graded salary scale at point of hire.
All staff and educators at KIPP Capital Region are committed to anti-racism and inclusion, are part of a close-knit diverse community, and are encouraged to show up authentically, inspiring our children to do the same. Learn more about what it’s like to work at KIPP Capital Region: kippcapital.org/join-our-team/
This role is located at KIPP Capital Region schools in Albany & Troy, NY.