[2023-2024] Behavior Interventionist - High School
- Grade Level: High
- Start Date: Next year opening
- Department: School-based Support
KIPP Capital Region is a part of a national network of high-performing public Charter Schools committed to creating joyful, academically excellent, and prepared students with the skills, ability, and confidence to pursue their paths to college, career, and beyond.
Located in both Albany and Troy, NY, KIPP Capital Region serves 2,500+ students in grades K-12 across seven schools. We believe every individual walks through the doors of schools bearing gifts. Talent. Perspective. Drive. Inspiration. So at KIPP Capital Region, we support every student and educator to see those gifts, then build the skills and confidence they need to thrive.
We are committed to furthering anti-racism, equity, and racial justice in all our efforts, and expect all of our stakeholders to participate in this work so that we can create a future without limits for our students, together.
- Grade(s): 9th - 12th
The Behavior Interventionist is responsible for leading the support for students to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
Commitment to School and Classroom Culture
- Collaborate with the Student Support team, Teachers, Parents, and Students to create and implement support plans for struggling students
- Help develop school-wide culture that best fits the needs of our students, teachers and families
- Work closely with the Dean of Students to establish a positive, structured, and achievement-oriented school culture
- Work in partnership with the Director of Student Support Services to ensure students with IEPs, 504s, and behavior plans have the support necessary to succeed
- Help students adjust, learn, socialize, and report to teachers about possible behavioral issues
- Be available for open houses, parent teacher conferences and other events involving parents
- Make him/herself available to students, parents and other staff members
- Pursue challenging professional goals each year
- Willing to offer support and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly during the academic year (held during school hours)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of successful experience as an aide in a classroom setting, or equivalent (unless matriculating in higher education teaching program)
- Prior experience working in schools and urban communities is preferred but not required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of regular business hours
- Aptitude to create and work within an inclusive environment that honors and supports a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives
When you join KIPP Capital Region, you are joining in on our promise to families that their children will enter college and the professional world able to thrive academically due to their literacy, numeracy, and core knowledge in science and social studies. We also promise that our students will develop a passion for learning and the drive necessary to persevere as they climb the mountain to and through college and career. Our graduates will be prepared to return to their community as teachers, leaders, and architects of continued growth in the Capital Region. And while the biggest perk to working at KIPP Capital Region is doing work that makes a lifelong difference in the lives of our students, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Aggressive employer 403(b) contribution match
- Childcare benefits
- Unparalleled work/life Integration
- Casual dress code
- Relocation stipend (conditions apply)
- And so much more! For more information on the benefits of joining KIPP Capital Region, please view our Employee Benefits Summary.
KIPP Capital Region offers a competitive salary ranging from $42,000 - $48,022. Salaries are determined using an equitable compensation scale that accounts for years of experience relevant to the role and longevity within the KIPP network. KIPP Capital Region will evaluate and determine the step/level a new hire will be placed within our teacher salary scale at point of hire.
All staff and educators at KIPP Capital Region are committed to anti-racism and inclusion, are part of a close-knit diverse community, and are encouraged to show up authentically, inspiring our children to do the same. Learn more about what it’s like to work at KIPP Capital Region: kippcapital.org/join-our-team/
This role is located at KIPP Capital Region schools in Troy, NY.