- Start Date: Immediate opening
- Department: Regional Support and Leadership
KIPP Capital Region is a part of a national network of high-performing public Charter Schools committed to creating joyful, academically excellent, and prepared students with the skills, ability, and confidence to pursue their paths to college, career, and beyond.
Located in both Albany and Troy, NY, KIPP Capital Region serves 2,500+ students in grades K-12 across seven schools. We believe every individual walks through the doors of schools bearing gifts. Talent. Perspective. Drive. Inspiration. So at KIPP Capital Region, we support every student and educator to see those gifts, then build the skills and confidence they need to thrive.
We are committed to furthering anti-racism, equity, and racial justice in all our efforts, and expect all of our stakeholders to participate in this work so that we can create a future without limits for our students, together
The Accounting Coordinator reports to the Director of Accounting and will be supporting the team on a wide range of administrative and accounting functions. This will primarily consist of preparing, recording, and administering Payroll, accounts payable and other financial reporting processes.
- Administer and process weekly & bi-weekly payrolls, including entering payroll changes and verifying the accuracy of all data prior to submission for all organizational entities.
- Efficiently coordinate payroll tasks and ensure compliance with company policies, relevant industry regulations, tax, and deduction laws.
- Collecting and verifying employee and timekeeping data.
- Computing wages, deductions, garnishments, stipends, etc.
- Issuing and distributing paychecks.
- Process retirement contributions and amortization loan schedules.
- Record payroll transactions in the general ledger.
- Answering questions and resolving issues regarding payroll.
- Collaborate with Human Resources on any payroll related inquiries.
- Support year-end payroll closing procedures.
- Maintain and update knowledge of federal, state, and local government regulations and reporting requirements that affect payroll processing.
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting to compile, analyze, and report financial data.
- Support accounts payable process and assemble weekly payables report.
- Maintain records, assist in preparing financial reports and paperwork, and ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with company fiscal policies, state, and federal financial regulations.
- Review and enter credit card reconciliations and verify that transactions comply with fiscal policy and procedures.
- Provide support for annual external audits, which may include research and reconciliation.
- Ensure all accounting files are maintained and organized.
- Perform other duties as outlined by the Director of Accounting
- Complies with all charter, federal, state, and local laws, and regulations, including the NYS Department of Education, Department of Health, and NYS Office of Children and Family Services
- Adheres to organization policies and procedures; promotes and supports mission, vision, and values, including developing and participating in internal surveys and data collection for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Love and unwavering belief in the high potential of all students
- Commitment to anti-racism and equity
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented, mission-driven culture
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve through feedback
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to accommodate the high level of responsibility, multiple priorities, and rapidly changing environment
- Strong organization skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and principles
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion
- Ability to create and work within an inclusive environment that honors and supports a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule outside of regular business hours
- Pass Criminal Background Checks
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Experience in payroll administration and accounting knowledge preferred
- Prior experience working directly with students, preferably in a charter, private or public school environment
- Prior experience working in schools and underserved communities is preferred but not required
The starting base salary range for this exempt position is $57,000 to $63,000.
FOR BEST CONSIDERATION: Please apply by 5/31/2023.
When you join KIPP Capital Region, you are joining in on our promise to families that their children will enter college and the professional world able to thrive academically due to their literacy, numeracy, and core knowledge in science and social studies. We also promise that our students will develop a passion for learning and the drive necessary to persevere as they climb the mountain to and through college and career. Our graduates will be prepared to return to their community as teachers, leaders, and architects of continued growth in the Capital Region. And while the biggest perk to working at KIPP Capital Region is doing work that makes a lifelong difference in the lives of our students, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Generous time-off
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Aggressive employer 403(b) contribution match
- Childcare benefits
- Unparalleled work/life Integration
- Casual dress code
- Relocation stipend (conditions apply)
- And so much more! For more information on the benefits of joining KIPP Capital Region, please view our Employee Benefits Summary.
All staff and educators at KIPP Capital Region are committed to anti-racism and inclusion, are part of a close-knit diverse community, and are encouraged to show up authentically, inspiring our children to do the same. Learn more about what it’s like to work at KIPP Capital Region: kippcapital.org/join-our-team/
This role is located at KIPP Capital Region schools in Troy, NY.