[2023-2024] Operations Coordinator - Elementary School
- Start Date: Immediate opening
- Department: School-based Support
KIPP Capital Region is a part of a national network of high-performing public Charter Schools committed to creating joyful, academically excellent, and prepared students with the skills, ability, and confidence to pursue their paths to college, career, and beyond.
Located in both Albany and Troy, NY, KIPP Capital Region serves 2,500+ students in grades K-12 across seven schools. We believe every individual walks through the doors of schools bearing gifts. Talent. Perspective. Drive. Inspiration. So at KIPP Capital Region, we support every student and educator to see those gifts, then build the skills and confidence they need to thrive.
We are committed to furthering anti-racism, equity, and racial justice in all our efforts, and expect all of our stakeholders to participate in this work so that we can create a future without limits for our students, together.
- Grade(s): Kindergarten - 5th
The Operations Coordinator will support the school operations team in the day-to-day operations.
Commitment to School Systems and School Culture
- Provide logistical support and coordination to the Director of Operations for school activities involving staff, parents, and students.
- Be the first responder to teacher calls for support in the classroom.
- Support planning and execution of school-wide events and fundraisers. Coordinate purchasing/distribution for materials and services (e.g., field trips, uniforms, office supplies, and teacher supplies) as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Oversees completion of all facilities requests submitted at the school.
- Coordinates with janitorial day porters regarding daily janitorial needs.
- Organizes, secures, and maintains pristine office space and environment.
Student, Family Engagement, and Staff Relations
- Builds relationships with families to keep them well-informed and support their needs.
- Translates and distributes school correspondence, including but not limited to: letters, memos, and weekly bulletins.
- Assists in the translation of parent meetings, including Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings.
Student Information, Enrollment & Recruitment
- Works within the student database to ensure that all students' emergency medical and contact information is up-to-date.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of office space, files, and all information pertaining to students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Assists the Registrar in managing family communications
- Complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including the NYS Department of Education, Department of Health, and NYS Office of Children and Family Services.
- Pursue challenging professional goals each year
- Willing to offer support and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly during the academic year (held during school hours)
- Adheres to organization policies and procedures; promotes and supports mission, vision, and values, including participation in internal surveys and data collection for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as outlined by the Director of Operations.
- Minimum of Associate's Degree OR two years of coursework at an institution of higher learning required (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Two or more years of experience working directly with students required; preferably in the charter, private, or public school environment.
- Experience in proper office procedures including filing, answering the telephone professionally, photocopying, greeting all visitors cordially, and handling information with confidentiality
- Prior experience working in urban communities is preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of regular business hours
- Aptitude to create and work within an inclusive environment that honors and supports a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
When you join KIPP Capital Region, you are joining in on our promise to families that their children will enter college and the professional world able to thrive academically due to their literacy, numeracy, and core knowledge in science and social studies. We also promise that our students will develop a passion for learning and the drive necessary to persevere as they climb the mountain to and through college and career. Our graduates will be prepared to return to their community as teachers, leaders, and architects of continued growth in the Capital Region. And while the biggest perk to working at KIPP Capital Region is doing work that makes a lifelong difference in the lives of our students, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Aggressive employer 403(b) contribution match
- Childcare benefits
- Unparalleled work/life Integration
- Casual dress code
- Relocation stipend (conditions apply)
- And so much more! For more information on the benefits of joining KIPP Capital Region, please view our Employee Benefits Summary.
KIPP Capital Region offers a competitive salary ranging from $57,000 - $63,000. Salaries are determined using an equitable compensation scale that accounts for years of experience relevant to the role and longevity within the KIPP network. KIPP Capital Region will evaluate and determine the step/level a new hire will be placed within our salary grade scale at point of hire.
All staff and educators at KIPP Capital Region are committed to anti-racism and inclusion, are part of a close-knit diverse community, and are encouraged to show up authentically, inspiring our children to do the same. Learn more about what it’s like to work at KIPP Capital Region: kippcapital.org/join-our-team/
This role is located at KIPP Capital Region schools in Albany, NY.