[2023-2024] Instructional Coach (Math) - High School
- Grade Level: High
- Start Date: Next year opening
- Department: School-based Support
KIPP Capital Region is a part of a national network of high-performing public Charter Schools committed to creating joyful, academically excellent, and prepared students with the skills, ability, and confidence to pursue their paths to college, career, and beyond.
Located in both Albany and Troy, NY, KIPP Capital Region serves 2,500+ students in grades K-12 across seven schools. We believe every individual walks through the doors of schools bearing gifts. Talent. Perspective. Drive. Inspiration. So at KIPP Capital Region, we support every student and educator to see those gifts, then build the skills and confidence they need to thrive.
We are committed to furthering anti-racism, equity, and racial justice in all our efforts, and expect all of our stakeholders to participate in this work so that we can create a future without limits for our students, together.
- Grade(s): 9th - 12th grade
- Proficiency: Pre Calc / Algebra
The Instructional Coach (IC) will provide instructional support and coaching to teachers as they work to ensure that each student is able to reach their full academic potential. The IC’s primary role is to work with teachers to support best practices in using data, provide analysis of school-wide trends in instruction, and make recommendations about potential next steps to address areas of need.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Someone committed to the mission of educational equity and the belief that all students can learn
- Advisor to teachers and the leadership team
- Someone with a demonstrated track record of managing a team, coaching teachers, and designing curriculum
- Someone with expertise in national trends and best practices in curriculum development and instructional strategy for historically underachieving students
- A strong cultural leader able to operate with positivity, proactiveness, and a solutions-oriented mindset
- Someone with the ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals and to initiate process improvements
- A culturally competent collaborator that expresses high expectations for all students, and expects team members to do the same
- Someone that is data and results drive
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Observe instructional delivery and provide feedback to enhance and support the development of each teacher's content area.
- Supporting teachers in the design of units and lessons for the development of their year-long curriculum.
- Analyze data to modify curriculum and forms of assessment to meet students’ needs
- Collaborate with the school personnel to advise principals and teachers on developing instructional strategies and intervention programs for students
- Observe teachers and provide specific strategies to improve instructional delivery
FOR EXTRA CREDIT:
- You can work in a team environment in a fast-paced and energetic culture.
- You’ll drive to achieve exceptional outcomes on behalf of the scholars by balancing data, wisdom, and experience to make sound decisions aligned with the KIPP culture
- You’ll be proficient in managing a team, coaching teachers, and designing curriculum
- You can work in an inclusive environment that respects the culture and community of the students being served
- Commitment to anti-racism and equity
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented, mission-driven culture
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve through feedback
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule outside of regular business hours.
- Ability to create and work within an inclusive environment that honors and supports a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
- Pass a Criminal Background Check
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of previous teaching experience
- Proficient in managing a team, coaching, and designing curriculum
- Prior experience working in schools and urban communities is preferred
When you join KIPP Capital Region, you are joining in on our promise to families that their children will enter college and the professional world able to thrive academically due to their literacy, numeracy, and core knowledge in science and social studies. We also promise that our students will develop a passion for learning and the drive necessary to persevere as they climb the mountain to and through college and career. Our graduates will be prepared to return to their community as teachers, leaders, and architects of continued growth in the Capital Region. And while the biggest perk to working at KIPP Capital Region is doing work that makes a lifelong difference in the lives of our students, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
- Generous time-off
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Aggressive employer 403(b) contribution match
- Childcare benefits
- Unparalleled work/life Integration
- Casual dress code
- Relocation stipend (conditions apply)
- And so much more! For more information on the benefits of joining KIPP Capital Region, please view our Employee Benefits Summary.
KIPP Capital Region offers a competitive salary ranging from $68,400 - $75,600. Salaries are determined using an equitable compensation scale that accounts for years of experience relevant to the role and longevity within the KIPP network. KIPP Capital Region will evaluate and determine the step/level a new hire will be placed within our salary grade scale at point of hire.
All staff and educators at KIPP Capital Region are committed to anti-racism and inclusion, are part of a close-knit diverse community, and are encouraged to show up authentically, inspiring our children to do the same. Learn more about what it’s like to work at KIPP Capital Region: kippcapital.org/join-our-team/
This role is located at KIPP Capital Region schools in Troy, NY.