Afterschool Tutor (Internal Candidates Only)
- Start Date: Immediate opening
- Department: Teacher
KIPP Delta is part of the nation-wide KIPP non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. We currently serve over 1,200 students in Helena and Blytheville, AR in the 2022-2023 school year.
About the Position:
To instruct scholars and partner with family members to close the reading achievement gap. For the tutoring program, the tutor is managed and supported by the Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
Who we’re looking for:
- An educator with knowledge and experience implementing instruction aligned to the science of reading.
- A teacher who welcomes coaching and embraces opportunities to engage in collaborative adult learning.
- An enthusiastic family partner who will foster meaningful collaboration with family members/caretakers through family workshops.
- A data driven instructor who collects and uses student records to differentiate instruction for individual students
- Personalized Instruction and student assessment
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented, and structured learning environment that motivates and supports students.
- Deliver direct instruction in small groups utilizing a district-approved curriculum
- Build partnerships with family members
- Facilitate family workshops to equip families with reading tips to use at home.
- Implement individualized weekly instruction plans for each scholar that aligns classroom instruction with at-home practice.
- Participate in coaching and Professional Learning Community (PLC)
- Take part in feedback and coaching conversations with your Program Leader following instruction observations.
- Participate and engage in biweekly PLCs with your Program Leader to review student data and prepare for family workshops.
- Prepare for programming
- Attend and engage in pre-launch professional development.
How we measure success:
- Reading Progress: Are students meeting reading growth goals?
- Parent Engagement: Are families attending family workshops?
- Program Enrollment and Attendance: Did the school reach its target enrollment? Are enrolled students attending regularly?
Location: In person, on campus.
Time Commitment: The after-school tutor role is approximately a total of 60-hour commitment.
Prior to the start of program, teachers:
- Attend 1 ½ hours of pre-launch professional development
- Optional: administer a brief spelling assessment
- During program, teachers
- Attend one PLC every other week
- Meet with students twice a week for one hour each week for instruction
- Conduct approximately four one-hour Family Workshops
- Plan and facilitate a one-hour ending celebration
- Internal Applicants Only
- Evidence of strong and consistent instruction and/or support of students
Salary will be commensurate with experience. KIPP Delta's salary schedule is available on our website, under "State Required Information."
KIPP Delta is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all of our students, families, teachers, staff and community members. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.