Lead Custodian - Blytheville
- Start Date: Immediate opening
- Department: Regional Support and Leadership
KIPP Delta is part of the nation-wide KIPP non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. We will serve over 1,100 students in Helena and Blytheville, AR in the 2021-2022 school year.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations and working closely with the school staff, as well as custodial and repair vendors, the Lead Custodian is responsible for providing custodial and maintenance, ensuring smoothing day-to-day operations in these areas for all locations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute the cleaning of buildings, grounds, and fixtures.
- Daily cleaning of all school used spaces, including, but not limited to, exterior walkways, halls, stairwells, common spaces, classrooms, and bathrooms.
- Respond to teacher and staff requests for building and maintenance repairs and cleanups.
- Respond to incidents as needed.
- Cafeteria set up and clean up for meals.
- Monitor cleaning and landscaping service’s performance on a daily basis and report issues to School Operations Leader for follow up; addresses issues needing immediate attention.
- Execute the maintenance of buildings, grounds, and fixtures.
- Change light bulbs as needed.
- Address plumbing issues.
- Move equipment/fixtures/deliveries as needed.
- Assemble basic furniture or supplies for classroom.
- Make minor repairs to building, equipment and fixtures.
- Inspect buildings and grounds to note significant issues and complete work or submit tickets as necessary.
- Maintain working knowledge of problems, procedures, and operations involved in inspecting, analyzing, and planning building and ground maintenance, heating and ventilating work to be done.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by School Operations Leader • Perform specific projects when school is not in session (winter, spring, and summer breaks).
- Adhere to daily cleaning schedule provided, making exceptions as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Respectful of the instructional environment, avoiding loud noises when class is in session; coordinate with school staff on disruptive operations.
- Provide custodial coverage during breaks and vacations.
- Indoor and outdoor environment; exposure to dust, chemicals, bodily fluid borne pathogens, variances in temperature, and equipment with moving parts.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, and maneuvering heavy objects; occasional standing, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, simple grasping; frequent to constant walking, including walking on gravel or uneven surfaces; bending at the neck or waist; stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Travel between multiple locations daily; candidate must have transportation.
- Belief that all KIPP Delta students can and will finish college.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, works collaboratively and maintains focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective communication skills- phone, email, etc.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and information systems used by the organization- cell phone, computer, and ticketing system.
- Knowledge of modern cleaning methods, materials, tools, and equipment, maintenance principles, and sanitation methods.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift, bend, and pull more than 50 pounds.
- General repair skills.
- The ability to receive and act upon adjusting feedback.
- Unwavering belief in and passion for the mission of KIPP Delta Public Schools
- Commitment to continually developing the character strengths of grit, zest, optimism, self-control, social intelligence, gratitude, and curiosity in all students and one’s self.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. KIPP Delta's salary schedule is available on our website, under "State Required Information."
As an equal opportunity employer, KIPP Delta does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.