Elementary School Specials Teacher - Miami
- Miami, FL, USA
- Department: Teacher
- Grade Level: Elementary
- Subject: Specials and Electives
- Start Date: Next year opening
About KIPP Miami
KIPP Miami is part of the KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) national nonprofit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP has a 25-year track record of preparing students for success in college and life. Founded in 2018, KIPP Miami operates four nonprofit charter schools in Greater Miami’s Urban Core communities providing a world-class education for students in grades K-8. To learn more, visit www.kippmiami.org.
We’re growing! We are looking for teachers for all grade levels for existing and founding schools
Here’s what you need to know:
We’re looking for teachers for the 2022-2023 school year! Our middle school is seeking awe-inspiring teachers to guide our students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, working with families and the community they serve.
Elementary Specials Teacher
KIPP Miami is looking for a motivated Specials teacher with a track record of molding future leaders in our communities. You are passionate about education and understand the importance of building strong relationships in generating student achievement. You are dedicated to going above and beyond to ensure our students succeed.
We are seeking experts in the following content areas:
- Dance/Performing Arts
- Physical Education
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Joining our schools as a teacher comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Your role as a teacher will involve a number of responsibilities which will include but are not limited to:
- Create, internalize, modify and prepare lesson plans in accordance with academic curriculum, working closely with the grade level team
- Use data to responsively teach to mastery of academic skills
- Work closely with students, families and colleagues to create an environment that is supportive of student progress
- Reinforce a firm foundation for all classes and uphold classroom management techniques
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Monitor student progress and adjust teaching strategies to ensure all students meet the learning objectives
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide your lesson plans
- Participate in school, departmental and parent meetings
- Participate in school events, activities and programs both during and outside of regular class instruction hours.
- A belief in every student’s limitless potential
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required (Official transcripts showing degree conferred are required prior to the starting date of employment)
- Appropriate state teaching certification completed and issued or in process of being completed
- Subject matter expertise
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience, with demonstrated interest in working with students from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds
- A track record of success in the classroom
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
Nice to Haves:
- A record of exceptional student achievement and results at a high-performing charter network/charter management organization.
- A belief that all students deserve a world class education which can be achieved through education reform
Compensation & Benefits
KIPP Miami offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, competitive 403(B) plan, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a school laptop.
KIPP Miami offers competitive salaries to newly hired lead teachers. Salaries are based on prior experience and in accordance with certification requirements. KIPP Miami offers a competitive salary starting at $55,000 for teacher positions with additional opportunities for earning up to $4,000 annually in performance-based pay.
KIPP New Jersey | KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer