KIPP NYC Part-Time Technology Project Employee
- New York, NY, USA
- Department: Regional Support and Leadership
- Start Date: Immediate opening
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of eight elementary schools, nine middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Forward, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 9,350 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 850. KIPP NYC is continuing to grow and opened two new middle schools and an elementary school August 2021!
The Part-Time Technology Project Employee, is a support position that will report to a KIPP NYC Tech Manager and provides daily support to KIPP NYC schools. While on site, the Part-Time Technology Project Employee will take direction from designated lead IT Associate as well as other Tech project leads. The Part-Time Technology Project Employee will be responsible for resolving end-user technical support requests related to laptops, desktops, and software across KIPP NYC Schools, with an emphasis on supporting key schools. Additionally the Part-Time Technology Project Employee will assist as needed with project implementation such as new staff onboarding, new school start-up, new equipment preparation, and working with data to drive forward Tech projects and initiatives. The KIPP NYC Technology team prides itself on delivering a high level of customer service, working collaboratively to solve problems, and engaging in professional development opportunities.
We are looking for project employees for a 6-12 week project starting in August 2022.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support designated lead IT Associate on site according to Tech Visit & Office hours Schedule to address immediate and planned Tech Support
- Work directly with the IT Associates and Tech Team staff to learn and execute best steps toward resolving tech support issues related to staff and student computing on the following systems:
- Apple OS/iOS
- Network connectivity
- User accounts and authentication
- Software (ex. MS Office 2016, Adobe Acrobat)
- Hardware (PC, laptop, Document Cameras, projectors)
- Email and Web
- Phones – desk and cellular phones
- Technology Data Systems
- Track all end-user help desk needs in ticketing system; maintains accurate time spent, notes and other documentation in ticketing system
- Possible travel to school sites per week to complete support work, interact with staff, and perform routine maintenance, as well as occasional weekend assignments.
- Coordinate on-site vendor visits for warranty and other repairs
- Schedules courier service, shipping and equipment delivery as needed
- Performs physical inventory of tech equipment at school and office sites
- Assists with on various projects such as school year transition work, school start up, and staff PD
- High School Diploma required. Current college/graduate students are encouraged to apply.
- One or more years of working in technology support. Familiarity with web languages, supporting websites and/or CMS environments, and hands-on computer hardware repair, preferred
- Proven record of excellence and skill in providing customer service and support for end user technology needs
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with various stakeholders
- Spanish or French speaking, a plus
- Demonstrated passion for the mission of KIPP NYC and commitment to the character traits we value: Zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
KIPP NYC LLC is an anti-racist organization that believes in the importance of being diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are committed to creating a welcoming environment that includes employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving students and families throughout New York City. BIPOC, women, gender expansive, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.