22-23 High School Physical Education Teacher (5k Signing Bonus)
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Department: Teacher
- Start Date: Immediate opening
We are seeking a talented, committed, culturally competent Physical Education Teacher to join our team for the 22-23 school year!
Submitting this application considers you for all 2022-2023 teaching opportunities for which you are qualified. To browse immediate openings, please visit our careers website.
KIPP Public Schools is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools committed to working alongside students and families to disrupt systemic educational inequity and create a future without limits. Over 100,000 students attend one of the 270 KIPP schools that operate in 28 regions across the United States. KIPP Philadelphia Schools Public Schools (KPPS) is a part of the national KIPP Public Schools network and currently leads six schools serving approximately 2,400 students in North and West Philadelphia. This fall, we will found our seventh school. By 2030, KPPS will lead ten schools serving approximately 4,000 students.
Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students to pursue the paths they choose—college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Life at KPPS
We know that talented, committed, culturally competent teachers and leaders have the power to amplify our children’s potential by creating a school experience that affirms, values, and challenges them each day. We seek to create a professional environment full of joy, candor, care and community where excellent educators can make a long-term home. Educators at KIPP –
- Are committed to anti-racism, equity and inclusion
- Are part of a close-knit, diverse community of educators
- Show up as themselves, inspiring our children to do the same
- Access resources and affinity spaces that support well-being and sustainability
- Lead with care and candor and take ownership of our children’s learning and growth
- Evolve their craft via 1:1 coaching and quality professional development
- Have access to leadership pathway programming and opportunities to grow their career
- Enjoy a competitive, equitable, transparent approach to compensation, comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 403B matching program, and free access to financial advising services
- Ensure that all children feel affirmed, valued and challenged every day
- Create rigorous, engaging unit and daily lesson plans, leveraging provided curricula/resources
- Infuse core values into daily lessons and every school practice, implementing school-wide student culture systems and positive classroom management strategies
- Maintain a productive, organized, safe, neat and focused learning environment
- Regularly analyze student work and academic data to adjust lessons, refine curricula and inform instructional practices
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students
- Maintain accurate student grades/records and strong lines of communication with families regarding students’ growth and progress
- Model and implement all school policies within the classroom
- Serve as a role model for students
- Take ownership for the development of your craft (meet 1x/1-2 weeks with an instructional coach, implement feedback, engage in active practice, etc.)
- Actively engage in all school-wide professional development
- Serve as a positive, contributing member of a grade team, collaborating with colleagues to tackle common challenges and implement grade-wide
- Share candid, solutions-oriented feedback with peers and school leadership on a regular basis
- Embody KPPS core values: Children First, Cultural Competence, Ownership, Community
- Enroll in/complete a teacher certification program (if applicable)
- Arrive at school by 8:00 a.m. and stay until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Attend designated school functions outside of school hours (Back to School Night, Report Card Conferences, Community Events, etc.)
- Contribute to the planning and execution of all school-wide events
- Develop strong relationships with the families of students through home visits, participation in school events and phone calls home
- Perform necessary support duties including (but not limited to) bus, lunch, and dismissal duties
- Chaperone field lessons/field trips
- Additional responsibilities may arise during the school year. They will be communicated to all employees with as much notice and flexibility as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Background knowledge and experience in a PK-12 school setting (student teaching, observations, after school programs, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellence in academic and/or work history
- Love and see the high potential of all children
- All required criminal and child abuse background checks
- PA State Police Clearance
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Cogent Federal Fingerprinting
- Teacher salaries at KPPS are competitive, equitable, and predictable. Feel free to ask your recruiter how much you will earn based on your years of teaching experience and your certification status!
- All KPPS employees enjoy access to a comprehensive benefits package, a 403B matching program, and free financial advising services.
- Uncertified teachers have access to $2500 in tuition reimbursement to pursue certification.