Re-Engagement & Enrollment Specialist
- Start Date: Immediate opening
- Department: College & Career Counseling
KIPP Delta is part of the nationwide KIPP non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. We currently serve over 1,100 students in Helena and Blytheville, AR in the 2021-2022 school year.
The Re-Engagement & Enrollment Specialist at KIPP Delta Public Schools (KDPS) is responsible for ensuring re-engagement and enrollment of disengaged KDPS alumni into into a college, university, 2-year certificate, direct to the workforce, or military enlistment program. The Re-Engagement & Enrollment Specialist will promote the mission of “creating joyful academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose,” by executing the KIPP Forward approach to achieve this goal. The Re-Engagement & Enrollment Specialist will be a positive contributor to the entire KIPP Forward - College, Career, and Beyond team to ensure strong college and career selection, acceptance, placement, matriculation, and graduation for all KPDS alumni. This position is funded for the 2021 - 2022 and 2022 - 2023 school years and will end on June 30, 2023.
KDPS leaders make decisions, conduct difficult conversations, and build highly collaborative teams, all while shaping a joyful organizational culture. Self-reflective and humble, our leaders are open to feedback and committed to continuously improving. The Re-Engagement & Enrollment Specialist is hired, supported, and evaluated by the Director of KIPP Forward. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Alumni Support & Engagement
- Serve as an aid to alumni advisors for KIPP Delta alumni and monitor engagement and enrollment.
- Devise a strategic intervention plan and carry out direct outreach to disengaged or unenrolled and assist with educational re-entry and full integration.
- Outreach to students and parents using phone calls, emails, in-person meetings, social media and campus visits.
- Collaborate with Regional KIPP Forward personnel to build and maintain a comprehensive resource guide of all our post secondary opportunities, in addition to scholarships, enrichment opportunities, summer programs, etc.
- Track and maintain records of student contact, advising meetings, pulse-checks, benchmarks and verification of enrollment of alumni using the Alumni Database (Salesforce)
- Research and stay current on higher education programs, trends and issues with student impact and make recommendations based on best practices and research.
- Assist with data collection for annual report and program evaluation.
- Organize, plan and coordinate initiatives including but not limited to: life skills workshops, mentoring programs, tutoring and socio-emotional focus groups.
- Cultivate partnerships with community agencies, technical/vocational programs and college and university departments to optimize support pathways for KIPP alumni.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college.
- Prior experience working with college students and helping them achieve academic success, primarily first-generation, minority, and low-income students.
- Experience with college enrollment, retention, degree attainment and financial aid processes for institutions in the DFW area preferred.
- Strong active listening (i.e. seeks to understand the needs and motivations of students) and coaching skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the cultures of the community served.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset with the ability to inquire and be open to feedback.
- Relentless drive to follow up and stay connected with students in order to help them succeed.
- Outstanding project management skills, with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and meet agreed upon deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders across functional and organizational lines.
- Ability to facilitate group workshops for teenagers, young adults and parents.
- Demonstrates a high proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive, and has previous experience utilizing a database, i.e. Salesforce.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. KIPP Delta's salary schedule is available on our website, under "State Required Information."