Immediate School Operations Intern (Bilingual)
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Department: School-based Support
- Start Date: Immediate opening
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 59 public charter schools educating over 31,100 students across four regions – Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation Structure: Hourly
Pay range: $12/hour
Temporary: October 15th – December 17th
Location: KIPP Pleasant Grove Primary
• Community and Family Engagement
• Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with prospective families and community members based on trust and respect.
• Answer phones and greet visitors in a prompt and friendly fashion.
• Make intake calls for families that are close contacts due to COVID.
• Assisting with nurse duties
• Assist with tardies, attendance calls
• Assist with arrival and dismissal
• Take and deliver messages.
• Sort and distribute incoming mail
• Schedule meetings and conference rooms.
• Perform data entry related to enrollment and reenrollment and attendance.
• Maintain the office filing system and retrieve material from files as requested
• Perform general office duties, including faxing, copying, scanning and filing
• Distribute technology to students
• Special projects
• Other duties as assigned
• Learns, embraces, and adopts KIPP cultural practices into professional practice through observation and study of school-wide culture.
• Embraces feedback and constructive criticism in the spirit of constant improvement.
• Excellent office and customer service skills
• Works professionally and proactively with all members of the school team, School Support Partners, and especially with the school’s leadership team.
• Takes on additional roles and responsibilities as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Job-related experience preferred
• Excellent organizational, communication and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated skills in reading, writing and computation in English and Spanish
• MS Office basic skills to include Outlook email and calendar, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Strong planning and organization skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop productive working relationships
• Passionate commitment to KIPP Dallas’s mission and to high standards of excellence
• Unwavering integrity and perseverance
• Team player willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
• Must be comfortable working in a school
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas’ competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.