2022-23 Middle School Math Teacher
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Department: Teacher
- Subject: Math
- Start Date: Next year opening
KIPP Public Schools (KIPP) is a national network of public charter schools that prepares students with the skills and confidence to create the future they want for themselves, their communities, and us all. We are a network of more than 250 schools, 6,000 educators, and 140,000 students. Together, we continually raise the bar for teaching and learning, then ensure success in one classroom travels across our network to hundreds more. And while each of our schools reflects the community to which it belongs, we are united around a shared commitment: a future without limits. KIPP Indy Public Schools (KIPP Indy) began in 2004 with one class of fifth-grade students as a college-preparatory program and has grown to serve 1,300 students across three schools. Of the students that attend KIPP Indy, 93% are eligible for free and reduced-price lunch, 95% are African American or Latinx, 12% receive special education services, and 8% are designated as emergent bilingual students. As we continue to grow, our mission remains the same: to create joyfully, academically excellent schools in which teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal of preparing students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose —college, career, and beyond— so they can lead fulfilling lives and create a more just world.
The vision at KIPP Indy College Prep Middle is that we will be the middle school of choice in Indianapolis by preparing our students to become exceptional leaders who make a positive impact in the world. Every student walks through the doors of school bearing gifts. Talent. Perspective. Drive. Inspiration. So at KIPP Indy College Prep Middle School, we support every student to see those gifts, then build the skills and confidence they need to thrive. To do this, we go above and beyond to prepare our students for success in college and life through maintaining rigorous academic expectations and by placing an intense focus on character education and growth. We intentionally foster a culture where teaching excellence is deeply valued, investing a tremendous amount of time and resources to cultivate continuous instructional improvement. The KIPP Indy community holds one another to high standards, cognizant that success and happiness can be achieved by all, regardless of challenging circumstances, through teamwork, grit, and focused dedication.
KIPP Indy College Prep is seeking a Middle School Math Teacher who will be responsible for providing high-quality instruction to students in grades grade 6-8.
Teachers at KIPP Indy College Prep are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in their classroom that produces strong results and student understanding. Teachers will use data to inform their instruction and do whatever it takes for all students to learn. Teachers at KIPP Indy Unite are committed to leading and teaching through an anti-racist lens, will work to prepare students to become exceptional leaders who will make a positive impact on the world.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of student learning and effective teaching strategies
- Maintain an organized and focused learning environment
- Exhibit positive rapport with students, families, and colleagues
- Implement student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Create and foster a positive learning environment
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents and families
- Attend school-wide events, such as open houses, family conferences, and other events involving families
- Consistently use assessment and data to set goals, inform decisions, and invest students in their progress
- Perform all duties related to your classroom including clerical duties relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
- Arrive at school by 7:30 a.m.
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including two weeks during the summer, weekly school-wide meetings, and ongoing racial equity trainings
- Provide time in the evening, by phone, for questions and concerns that students and/or families may have regarding education-related issues that could not be handled during the school day
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with all staff
- Meet all expectations and requirements as stated in the KIPP Indy Employee Handbook
- Willing to meet the varied and constant needs of the students and staff at KIPP Indy
- Uses data to solve problems
- Demonstrates tenacity, persevering through significant challenges to reach goals
- Manages time and resources effectively, prioritizing efforts according to organizational goals
- Communicates across lines of differences and proactively creates inclusive environments
- Holds high expectations for all students and expresses belief in their potential to become exceptional leaders who will make a positive impact on the world.
- Valid Indiana Teaching License or seeking reciprocation (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Pass a criminal background check (Required)
- Commitment to working with underserved students (Required)
- At least two years of teaching experience in an urban public elementary school (Preferred)
- Experience in analyzing student data and using data to inform instruction (Preferred)
- Possess a strong knowledge of math content (Preferred)
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits. Teachers are also eligible for performance-based bonuses.
KIPP Indy College Prep is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.