- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Department: School-based Support
- Start Date: Immediate opening
KIPP Metro Atlanta teachers are at the core of our mission to prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose—college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
If you firmly believe that all students can learn, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes to disrupt the opportunity gap, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, and if you are eager to work alongside passionate educators committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school environment, we want to hear from you.
The RTI/SST Coordinator position will serve students in the K – 8 setting at KIPP Woodson Park Academy. This position will be responsible for the implementation, oversight, and maintenance of programs and records for students in the Response to Intervention process, including students receiving tier 2 interventions, students receiving Tier 3 (SST) interventions, and students with 504 plans.
- Conducts SST meetings to ensure the team is conducting the four major activities in response to student’s needs: 1) identifies areas of weakness, 2) determines research-based interventions, 3) determines validated progress monitoring tool, and 4) analyzes ongoing progress monitoring data to determine next steps.
- Conducts regular "data talks" with grade-level teams regarding students at Tier 2.
- Conducts collaboration meetings with grade-level/content area teams regarding MTSS implementation
- Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints regarding student support services.
- Provides guidance and support for the effective use of behavioral support tools (Functional Behavior Investigations, behavior action plans, positive behavior supports).
- Provides training, explanations, and modeling regarding best practices in the four major SST areas.
- Provides observations and coaching to assist teachers and others in implementing interventions with fidelity.
- Responsible for maintaining updated electronic files for all students in the SST/504 process
- Completes all processes in compliance with relevant federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
- Attends all requisite district-level meetings/trainings.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience
- A passion for being a part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- A passion for helping colleagues grow, develop, and hone their instructional practice
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
We offer a competitive salary that depends on prior experience, as well as a benefits package including
- Healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
- Life and Long-term Disability
- Additional Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Enrollment in the Teachers Retirement System of Georgia (mandatory for all employees)
KIPP Metro Atlanta is part of the nation-wide KIPP non-profit network of 255 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP Metro Atlanta currently operates eleven KIPP schools including four primary schools, five middle schools, one K-6 school, and one high school, as well as the KIPP Through College Program which supports students on their journey “to and through” college.
The regional support team provides financial and operational support and oversight to KIPP Metro Atlanta schools, develops instructional initiatives designed to strengthen the schools’ academic programs, and implements each school’s high school placement and alumni services through the KIPP Through College Program.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
KIPP Metro Atlanta is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. KIPP Metro Atlanta does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.