Front Clerk/Receptionist - Elementary School- January 2022
- Department: School-based Support
- Start Date: Next year opening
KIPP OKC is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing scholars from most deserving communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP OKC College Prep Middle School is a high-performing, college-preparatory public charter school. We educate scholars in grades 4-8.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement, social-emotional skill support, and character development in order to create and reinforce a well-rounded culture of achievement. We know that every scholar is different and we personalize learning based on a scholar’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and character building, so our scholars love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP OKC, teachers, scholars, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set scholars up for success in whatever life path they choose. When our scholars graduate from 8th grade, they leave us prepared to enroll at high-performing schools of choice. Additionally, our KIPP OKC alumni complete college at a higher rate above the national average for all scholars, and four times higher than that of scholars from similar economic backgrounds.
Front Office and Daily Operations
· Welcome and direct visitors according to school’s sign-in procedure
· Address all office communications, including incoming calls, faxes, files, mail, and deliveries
· Maintain complete and accurate student records in cumulative folders and in the student information system
· Maintain inventory of front office supplies
· Store and administer medication to students as prescribed by doctor or physician
· Attend first aid training and perform first aid as needed
· Communicate with custodial staff when needed regarding cleaning of the facility
· Maintain office equipment as needed
· Schedule meetings and appointments as directed
· Maintain a neat and organized front office area
· Maintain a working knowledge of school databases and Microsoft Office
· Distribute tardy slips as needed to students at the beginning of the school day
· Make morning calls home to students who are absent, and if needed, coordinate absent students’ homework drop-off and pick-up
· Coordinate daily attendance taking, check records, and turn in weekly attendance sheets to Operations Manager for review
· Coordinate parent requests for student early dismissal according to school’s dismissal process
· Manage all incoming applications and enrollment paperwork for new and returning students
· Assist in student recruitment activities, preparing for the enrollment lottery, and coordinating orientation meetings for new students
· Help distribute weekly newsletters and growth reports and other items such as report card
· Prepare and send out robocalls/text messages to families as directed
· Manage the student store and assist with any school fundraisers
· Help plan and host on-campus and off-campus school events, including student field trips
· Assist team as needed to build a safe, joyful learning environment
· Maintain confidentiality of all student and staff information
· Exemplify high standards of ethical conduct according to district policy
· Represent the school in a positive and professional manner
· Maintain a sincere and friendly attitude towards visitors and patrons
· Follow through on and tasks given
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High school diploma required
· Minimum 2 years of work experience, 3 or more years strongly preferred
· Experience working in a school or non-profit preferred
· Ability to self-direct, prioritize and multi-task among competing goals
· Comfort with working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail
· Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP OKC’s mission and values
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.