- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Department: Regional Support and Leadership
- Start Date: Immediate opening
KIPP Metro Atlanta is part of the nationwide KIPP non-profit network of 255 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP Metro Atlanta currently operates eleven KIPP schools including four primary schools, five middle schools, one K-7 school, and one high school, as well as the KIPP Forward which supports alumni through college, career, and beyond.
The regional support team provides financial and operational support and oversight to KIPP Metro Atlanta schools, develops instructional initiatives designed to strengthen the schools’ academic programs, and implements each school’s high school placement and alumni services through the KIPP Forward program.
The KIPP Metro Atlanta Support Team seeks a Grants Manager who will be responsible for tracking and submitting documentation for reimbursable grants, assisting our fundraising team with financial reporting to donors, and ensuring compliance with federal purchasing requirements. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Grants Manager will manage reimbursement and reporting for federal (CARES I, CARES II, CARES III, Title I, etc.) and private grants. This is a grant-funded position that is funded for two years.
As a Grants Manager, your core responsibilities include:
- Prepares reimbursement packets for all reimbursable grants (CARES I, CARES II, CARES III, Title I, etc)
- Assists schools with preparation and submission of annual plans for Title I
- Manages communication and relationships with the federal program's offices of our authorizing districts to ensure the timeliness of reimbursement
- Prepares and submits revised plans for reimbursable grant spending as necessary
- Develops a system to track budgeted, spent, submitted, and received amounts for reimbursable grants
- Prepares financial reports for the fundraising team reflecting actual spending for restricted private grants and any unrestricted grants that require reporting
- Assists purchasers and the Procurement Manager with identifying the requisite number of vendors, obtaining all required information of vendors, and ensuring staff appropriately evaluate vendors
- Appropriately codes invoices and purchases for budget management and accounting purposes, ensuring grant codes are appropriately used
- Evaluates expenses coded to grant codes monthly and ensures only expenses eligible for reimbursement are coded to reimbursable grant codes
- Provides best-in-class customer service to school-based teams to assist in grant management
- Assists Accounting Team with audit processes
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preference for experience in finance, accounting, or grants management.
- Preference for 1-2 years of experience with reimbursable grants.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships within and across teams.
- Customer service orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and on a self-driven basis.
- Ability to manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Meticulous organization skills and adherence to deadlines.
- Proficiency Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Committed to the mission of preparing children from educationally underserved communities for success in the paths they choose.
The salary band for this role ranges from $53k - $65k. Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. This role also receives a benefits package including
- Healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
- Life and Long-term Disability
- Additional Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Enrollment in the Teachers Retirement System of Georgia (mandatory for all employees)
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
KIPP Metro Atlanta is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. KIPP Metro Atlanta does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.