FOOD SERVICE WORKER (PART-TIME)
- Albany, NEW YORK, United States
- Department: School-based Support
- Start Date: Immediate opening
Together with families and communities, KIPP creates joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose—college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world. KIPP is a national network of tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. There are 255 college-preparatory KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 100,000 students. Nationally, KIPP students are graduating four-year colleges at three times the national average for low-income students.
ABOUT KIPP ALBANY COMMUNITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS (KIPP ALBANY)
KIPP Albany Community Public Charter Schools (KIPP Albany) is a network of high-performing public schools that has been committed to creating joyful, academically excellent schools in Albany since 2005. KIPP Albany is affiliated with KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) Public Schools, a national network of over 10,000 educators serving 160,000 students and alumni. For the 2021-2022 school year, KIPP Albany schools will serve over 1,600 students in grades K-8 and will employ more than 225 staff. We are committed to furthering anti-racism, equity, and racial justice in all our efforts, and expect all of our stakeholders to participate in this work so that we can create a future without limits for our students, together.
Further regional growth is on the horizon with the Troy Prep K-12 schools planning to join the KIPP Albany network (new name TBD) at the start of the 2022-23 school year. Serving over 2,500 students in grades K-12 at seven schools across the Capital Region will allow increased curriculum offerings for students, professional development for staff, and enhanced family and community partnerships.
About KIPP Albany Community Public Charter Schools
KIPP Albany Community Public Charter Schools (www.kippalbany.org) is the family of KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) programming in Albany, NY designed to teach students the academic and character skills necessary for success in high school and college, to be self-sufficient in the competitive world beyond, and to build a better tomorrow for themselves and us all. For the 2021-2022 school year, KIPP Albany schools will serve over 1,600 students in grades K-8 and will employ more than 225 staff. KIPP Albany is committed to furthering anti-racism, equity, and racial justice in all our efforts. As an employee of KIPP Albany, you are expected to advance the aforementioned commitment in your role and through your daily interactions with students, families, and staff. Any discriminatory behavior, including the abuse of authority, behavior perpetuating inequities (i.e. harassment or discrimination of non-dominant groups and identities), is both illegal and counter to KIPP Albany’s commitment to anti-racism, equity, and racial justice and will be taken seriously and may result in termination.
- Responsible for the cooking, serving, and documentation of meals and snacks for a K-8 school program.
- Will prepare meals received from other vendors.
- Will create and follow menus and handle all phases of kitchen operations including inventory control.
- Ensures smooth operations and functioning of the kitchen in adherence to health and food safety codes.
- Maintains the strict cleanliness of the kitchen, food service, and storage areas.
- Must be culturally aware and sensitive to the needs of the students and families we serve.
- Reassignment may be necessary to other cafeterias within the KIPP Albany region.
The following skills are required:
- Basic math skills are required.
- Energetic, dependable person with a positive attitude who is willing to learn and works well with others.
- Must be able to pass the SED fingerprint background check
- May be required to lift upto 50 pounds of kitchen supplies and equipment.
The following skills are preferred but not required
- Cooking experience along with menu and food preparation in a cafeteria setting
- Inventory control knowledge.
- Knowledge of healthy food options and ideas for young children.
- Nutrition, basic food preparation, and food sanitation knowledge.
This position is immediately available. Part time hours are 8:00 am - 1:00 pm Monday - Friday.
KIPP Albany is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP Albany is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.