21-22 PreK Teaching Assistant - Immediate Start
- Austin, TX, USA
- Department: School-based Support
- Grade Level: Early Childhood
- Subject: General Early Childhood
- Start Date: Immediate opening
Note: At this time, we are not currently hiring for PreK Teaching Assistants in Austin. You are welcome to submit your information and should a position arise, we will be sure to reach out.
Founded in Houston in 1994, KIPP has become a national leader in partnering with families and communities, to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose — college, career, and beyond — so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
In 2018, KIPP schools in Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio joined forces to become KIPP Texas Public Schools, a nonprofit public charter school network, accelerating student academic outcomes and impacting more students across Texas. As a unified, statewide organization, KIPP Texas can more effectively leverage the talent, resources, instructional expertise, financial strength, and advocacy in the public charter school movement, in order to have an even larger impact with educationally underserved communities across the state.
In the 2020-2021 school year, KIPP Texas Public Schools will educate more than 31,100 students in 59 schools, placing the district among the top 50 largest in the state. KIPP Texas will continue to prove what is possible for its students, communities, and state, with a goal of growing to educate 100,000 students and achieving a 75% college graduation rate for alumni.
The mission and vision of KIPP Texas is grounded in five Core Values as its cultural North Star:
As a Team & Family, we:
- Champion Equity
- Chase Excellence
- Persist with Purpose
- Bring Joy
- Rise Together
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher working with individual students or small groups.
- Assist with classroom management creating an environment that is appropriate for learning.
- Assist teacher with the planning, preparation and implementation of differentiated instruction for individual students or groups.
Education and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma
- Must be considered Highly Qualified based on NCLB requirements. This can be verified by one of the following
- An Associate’s degree
- 48 college hours
- Meet a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate through a formal state or local assessment the knowledge of and ability to assist in the instructing reading, writing and math.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience collaborating with team members
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Possession of a passionate and loving attitude toward all children
- Responsiveness; Follow-up and follow-through with students, families, and faculty members is essential
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas’ competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.