KIPP NYC Recruitment Manager
- New York, NEW YORK, United States
- Department: Regional Support and Leadership
- Start Date: Immediate opening
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of seven elementary schools, seven middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College and Career, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. KIPP NYC is continuing to grow and will be opening two new middle schools an elementary school in August 2021!
The Recruitment Manager will work as part of a collaborative Recruitment Team and partner with leadership and staff across KIPP NYC to attract great teachers and committed professionals. KIPP NYC is looking for a go-getter who will both execute its current high volume of searches aggressively and effectively use his/her/their creativity and resourcefulness to develop new approaches for driving KIPP NYC's recruitment success.
The Recruitment Manager will be responsible for the following scope of work:
Full Cycle Recruiting:
- Work with the recruitment team and KIPP NYC stakeholders to identify, attract, and select diverse, high-quality candidates.
- Conduct application reviews and phone interviews in a friendly, efficient, and rigorous manner.
- Hire for designated openings with top quality candidates efficiently and with urgency.
- Ensure candidate matriculation by developing relationships with prospective talent, creating a positive candidate experience with timely communications, and effectively and passionately selling the KIPP NYC mission and values.
- Consistently monitor the progress of prospective candidates throughout the recruitment process; manage cultivation and selection data and use data to drive change in efforts.
- Directly support individual school leaders by coordinating a smooth, tailored recruitment processes from identification of qualified applicants through all steps leading to hiring decision.
- Build close, effective relationships with KIPP NYC school leaders and principals to ensure alignment of the recruitment process with program needs.
- Build close, effective relationships with all KIPP NYC staff to learn unique needs of each campus and to drive referral campaigns.
- Create tools and train school-based staff on recruitment best practices ensuring a positive candidate interview experience and equitable selection process.
- Develop innovative strategies for researching and cultivating identified pools of talent and individual prospects.
- Build authentic relationships with connectors and prospective staff.
- Serve as a project manager for one or more sourcing initiatives to broaden and diversify our applicant pool.
- Represent KIPP NYC in a professional and engaging manner at internal and external events.
- Coordinate logistics for events, travel, job postings, job fairs, and other marketing campaigns.
- Recruitment and/or K-12 teaching experience highly preferred
- Action-oriented mindset and urgent approach to responsibilities
- A passion for the mission of KIPP NYC
- Exceedingly strong organization skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility to accommodate high level of responsibility, multiple priorities, and changing environment
- Experience with SmartRecruiters, Google Spreadsheet, and SurveyMonkey a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills that contribute to a collegial working environment and a healthy measure of the character traits we value: zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude and a sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.