Behavior Analyst (BCBA Social Worker) - Newark
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Department: School-based Support
- Start Date: Next year opening
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to educate 7,035 students in grades K-12 across 15 schools in Newark and Camden. More than 90% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced meals.
By 2025, KIPP New Jersey will have fifteen schools in Newark and five in Camden providing a world-class education to over 10,300 students. To learn more, visit www.kippnj.org.
Here’s what you need to know
We need you to provide service to our special education students so that they can focus on learning. As a BCBA at KIPP NJ, you will play an integral role on the Clinical Team, by providing meaningful, manageable behavioral supports to ensure that students with special needs reach their full academic and social potential.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Behavior assessment and intervention
- Conduct functional behavior assessments (FBA) and/or brief Functional Analysis (FA) Conduct preference assessments
- Discuss results of the FBA and the proposed BIP with the school-based staff
- Use the result of the FBA to create a function-based behavior intervention plan (BIP)
- Data collection
- Select appropriate data collection tools to measure target and replacement behaviors
- Select appropriate data collection tools to measure treatment fidelity
- Graph and monitor data for BIP to assess procedure effectiveness on a daily basis
- Identify trends in the data and reports stagnant and increasing trends in the target behaviors
- Analyzes data on a weekly basis to develop training goals
- Provides training to staff members regarding classroom behavior management techniques
- Provides staff and parent training regarding techniques for remediation of behavioral, social, or personal problems of students
- Provides training to staff members on implementing BIPs
- Updates school-based staff on best practices and adjustments connected to current cases
- Understands the mission of KIPP:NJ and those of each individual campus, and delivers services in a way that aligns with the school’s program.
- Meets with campus-based CST’s and special education teams to discuss concerns, answer questions, and review complex cases, and support them in in finding solutions.
- Works collaboratively as a member of the multidisciplinary Clinical Team.
- Engages parents in a collaborative and compassionate manner that supports student progress.
- Master Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Current BACB certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- 2-3 years’ experience working with children, adolescents, and families using behavior analytic technology across a variety of diagnosis
- Knowledge of brief functional analysis techniques, ability to conduct Functional Behavior Analysis (FBA) Expertise in developing, writing, implementing and training staff around behavior intervention plans (BIPs)
- Unwavering commitment to our students and their success
- Ability to communicate clearly and to invest stakeholders in student goals
- Ability to establish relationships with students and families at all costs
- Solution orientation and ability to bring a new lens to challenging problems
- A high level of organization skills and attention to detail
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the New York City and Philadelphia area.
KIPP New Jersey | KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer