Elementary School Paraprofessional - Newark
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Department: School-based Support
- Start Date: Next year opening
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to educate over 7,738 students in grades K-12 across 15 schools in Newark and Camden. More than 90% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced meals.
By 2025, KIPP New Jersey will have fifteen schools in Newark and seven in Camden providing a world-class education to over 11,600 students. To learn more, visit www.kippnj.org.
KIPP New Jersey is looking for a strong candidate with a track record of developing future leaders. You are passionate about education and understand the importance of strong leadership in generating student achievement. You are committed to doing whatever it takes to help our students succeed.
Here’s what you need to know:
We’re looking for paraprofessionals for the current school year! Our elementary school is seeking awe-inspiring paraprofessionals to guide our students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our paraprofessionals are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, working with families and the community they serve.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Joining our elementary school as a paraprofessional comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Here are a few for this position:
- Provide assistance with individualized programmed materials
- Assist in carrying out programs of support staff (SLP, OT, PT, APE)
- Maintain appropriate records and daily/weekly tracking sheets
- Assist with progress monitoring for individualized education plans
- Assist in education demonstrations, if necessary
- Be a good TEAMmate – work closely with other school staff to reinforce expectations for all students
- Have a minimum of 48 semester hours from an accredited institution
- ABS training
- IEP knowledge
- Hold high expectations for each student
- Exhibit positive rapport with students
- A desire to have fun everyday
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the New York area.
KIPP New Jersey | KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.