Front Office Associate
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Department: School-based Support
- Start Date: Immediate opening
About KIPP Kansas City
KIPP KC was founded in 2007 with our middle school serving grades 5-8. In 2017 we opened our elementary school. Today we serve just 650 students in grades PreK-8. We intend to open our High School in Fall 2021. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
KIPP is a national network of tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. Together with families and communities, KIPP creates joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose—college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world. There are 255 college-preparatory KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 100,000 students. Nationally, KIPP students are graduating four-year colleges at three times the national average for students from low-income communities.
The Front Office Associate ensures that the school office effectively serves and supports students, parents, and school staff. S/he reports to the Operations Manager. The Office Associate’s duties and responsibilities include:
● Ensures the accuracy of students’ daily attendance, as well as medical, tardy, and early leave logs;
● Prepares monthly attendance reports ; weekly attendance verifications, and supports with bi-annual attendance submissions;.
● Trains and works with teachers to ensure attendance is completed timely and accurately each day.
● Supports the goal of achieving a high ADA by communicating expectations of attendance to families, managing letters and communication to repeat truancy offenders, and supporting on attendance related incentives and activities.
Information & Data
● Maintains student records in accordance with federal and school-based policies, as well as audit guidelines;
● Monitors records verification of incoming students, prepares transcripts for current students, and prepares withdrawal forms for transferring students;
● Ensures confidentiality and security of office space, files, and all information pertaining to students, parents, staff, and community;
● Supports annual new student recruitment, lottery, and enrollment processes;
● Supports school data submissions
Student and Family Relations
● Welcomes and attends to prospective and current families;
● Upholds and maintains a positive, nurturing, achievement-oriented school culture;
● Builds relationships with families to keep them well-informed and support their needs.;
● Attends to student health needs and injuries;
● Seeks and implements feedback from stakeholders (parents, peers, manager, etc.) and offers feedback in an honest, respectful and timely way;
● Organizes, secures, and maintains a pristine office space and environment;
● Directs phone calls and guests warmly and professionally;
● Types, translates, and distributes school correspondence including but not limited to: letters, memos, and weekly bulletins;
● Assists with coordinating travel arrangements, field trips, and other student and school-wide events;
● Assists in ordering, purchasing, receiving, and organizing materials;
● Supports all school-based communication systems;
● Distributes all incoming mail;
● Supports the School Nutrition Program
● Works relentlessly to meet development and functional goals;
● Exemplifies school values, operates under school-wide expectations and upholds the Commitment to Excellence; and
● Other duties as assigned by the School Leader or School Business Operations Manager
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
● AA required, BA preferred
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English and Spanish; public speaking experience a plus;
● Prior school and/or administrative experience preferred;
● Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word; Experience with Google Apps a plus;
● Experience with managing and entering data with at least 95% accuracy; familiarity with data management systems (LiveSchool, Class Dojo, Infinite Campus)
● Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills;
● Ability to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in fast-paced work environments;
● Ability to establish relationships and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders;
● Detail-oriented team player willing to roll up sleeves and get the job done;
● Reflective and able to execute in an efficient and precise manner;
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, KIPP Kansas City offers a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage and retirement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.