[2021-2022] School Operations Administrator - Elementary School (Founding and Existing Sites)
- New York, NY, USA
- Department: School-based Support
- Grade Level: Elementary
- Start Date: Next year opening
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of seven elementary schools, seven middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College and Career, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. KIPP NYC is continuing to grow and will be opening two new middle schools and an elementary school in August 2021!
- All of the KIPP NYC elementary schools are adding a grade each year until they are fully grown schools with grades K-4.
- KIPP Academy Elementary School, South Bronx, founded in 2009: http://bit.ly/AcademyES
- KIPP Infinity Elementary School, West Harlem, founded in 2010: http://bit.ly/InfElementary
- KIPP Washington Heights Elementary School, Washington Heights, founded in 2011: http://bit.ly/WashHeightsES
- KIPP AMP Elementary School, Crown Heights, BK, founded in 2013: http://bit.ly/AMPElementary
- KIPP STAR Harlem College Prep Elementary School, Harlem, founded in 2014: http://bit.ly/StarHarlemES
- KIPP Freedom Elementary School, the Bronx, founded in 2018: http://bit.ly/FreedomES
- KIPP Elements Primary School, the Bronx, founded in August 2019: http://bit.ly/ElementsPS
- KIPP Inquire Elementary School, the Bronx, opening August 2021: http://lnk.kippnyc.org/InquireES
This position plays a key role in the school’s day-to-day operations and is responsible for assisting with administrative office support, maintaining student records and reaching out to parents and students.
- Provide superior front of house office and administrative support to families, staff, and students
- Administer and collect student records for all students, including immunization records, lunch applications, home language surveys, emergency contact forms, and press release form
- Process documentation for student enrollment and maintain all lottery records.
- Enter student attendance data in student information systems.
- Call all late/absent students each morning.
- Coordinate/supervise breakfast, lunch, and snack ordering and distribution (including Saturday School).
- Order and distribute student transportation cards.
- Order, maintain inventory, and process student requests for T-shirts.
- Coordinate ordering office supplies/paper/toner. Coordinate service of copiers and printers as needed.
- Ensure the office is clean and organized.
- Answer phones.
- Obtain facility permits for all Saturday school, summer sessions. Monitor daily dismissal and assign other tasks in support of fulfillment of the school's mission. Sort/deliver mail, opening when appropriate.
- Coordinate communications/notices home to parents.
- Maintain parent outreach documents in central binder.
- Other additional tasks assigned by the school leader and/or Director of Operations to ensure operational efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills that contribute to a collegial working environment and a healthy measure of the character traits we value: zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude and a sense of humor.
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, strongly preferred
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent with people; outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic, proactive and able to accommodate high level of responsibility
- Able to multi-task
- A passion for the mission of KIPP NYC
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
KIPP NYC LLC is an anti-racist organization that believes in the importance of being diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are committed to creating a welcoming environment that includes employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving students and families throughout New York City. BIPOC, women, gender expansive, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.