Program Leader – Springboard Learning Accelerator (Internal Candidates Only)
- Helena Blytheville, ARKANSAS, United States
- Department: School Leadership
- Start Date: Immediate opening
KIPP Delta is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all of our students, families, teachers, staff and community members. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. KIPP Delta is part of the nation-wide KIPP non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students.
Our alumni have achieved a 100% high school graduation rate and are supported to and through college by our KIPP Through College program. We are excited that KIPP delta will serve over 1,300 students in Helena and Blytheville, AR in the 2020-2021 school year.
To lead the Springboard Learning Accelerator program at a site by coaching teachers, partnering with family members, and driving student reading growth.
Who we’re looking for:
- A manager with exceptional communication, organization, and critical thinking skills.
- A literacy expert with extensive PreK-3rd grade content knowledge.
- A problem solver who uses data and builds relationships to reach goals.
- A coachable leader with a desire to grow as a professional.
- A believer in our collective opportunity to close the literacy achievement gap through hard work and meaningful collaboration with families.
- Set a positive, achievement-driven culture with a focus on student reading growth, family collaboration, and program fidelity.
- Communicate program expectations and results regularly with families and teachers.
- Coordinate pre-programming preparation including student recruitment and enrollment, professional development for teachers, family orientation, team huddles, and class rostering.
- Support the scheduling and coordination of workshops and instruction time.
- Collect and input crucial programmatic data.
- Collaborate with a Springboard Consultant to proactively plan for success and to address challenges.
- Plan the end-of-program Learning Bonus Celebration.
Coach and manage Teachers
- Support teachers to accomplish personal-professional goals.
- Lead weekly Professional Learning Community (PLC) meetings to prepare teachers for family workshops and high-quality instruction.
- Observe instruction and provide regular feedback to teachers.
Build partnerships with family members
- Support enrollment and team huddles for 100% completion.
- Create a welcoming environment for families and scholars.
- Communicate program details and expectations to families.
- Conduct outreach for family workshops, follow-up with families who do not attend, and conduct make-up workshops as needed.
Utilize data to meet performance metrics
- Review baseline and ending assessments for completeness and fidelity of administration.
- Participate in weekly meetings with a Springboard Consultant.
- Keep complete and timely data on all aspects of programming.
- Communicate with school leaders during planning and assist in scheduling meetings with administrators.
- Collect qualitative data throughout programming, including quotations and photos of programming in action.
- Respond to unforeseen needs and challenges.
How we measure success:
- Reading Progress: Are students meeting reading growth goals? Are they receiving high-quality instruction?
- Family Engagement: Did all families participate in a team huddle? Are families attending our weekly workshops? Are families cultivating new reading habits?
- Program Enrollment and Attendance: Did the school reach its target enrollment? Are enrolled students attending regularly?
Time Commitment: The Program Leader position is an estimated total 100 hours of work and a 12 week commitment.
- Recruit and enroll scholars into our online database, Slinky (15 hours)
- Attend eight hours of pre-program professional development (7)
- Join weekly program support calls with a Springboard Consultant for ten hours total (10)
- Plan and lead a one hour PLC for teachers each week for five weeks (10)
- Daily data monitoring, teacher check-ins and coaching, family outreach, program planning & troubleshooting ~two hours per day (10 per week x 5 = 50)
- Attend & support weekly family workshops for five weeks (5)
Reporting Structure: This position reports to the Director of Literacy.
Internal Applicants Only
Salary will be commensurate with experience. KIPP Delta's salary schedule is available on our website, under "State Required Information."
As an equal opportunity employer, KIPP Delta does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.