School Nutrition Administrative Assistant
- Gaston, NC, USA
- Department: School-based Support
- Start Date: Immediate opening
The mission of KIPP Eastern North Carolina (KIPP ENC) is to empower all of our students with the skills, knowledge and character necessary to succeed in the colleges of their choice, strengthen their community, and fight for social justice.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2020-21 academic year.
Who are we?
KIPP ENC is a network of college preparatory public charter schools serving students in six schools beginning with KIPP Gaston Preparatory middle school which opened in 2001 on a peanut field in rural North Carolina. Today, KIPP ENC educates over 2,000 students across grades K-12 in Gaston, Halifax, and Durham, N.C. During the 2019-20 school year, KIPP ENC will serve students in grades K-12 at our KIPP Gaston schools, grades K-2 and 5-8 at our Halifax schools, and grades 5-8 at our Durham school. KIPP ENC is part of the national KIPP network of over 200 tuition-free, open enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from historically underserved communities for success in college and life.
Great schools require great leaders and great teachers. We realize that the outcomes our students deserve necessitate continuously strong teaching from the time our students enter kindergarten until they graduate from high school. Our schools are looking for talented and committed educators who are passionate about their content and excited to continue to strengthen their pedagogy through consistent feedback and ongoing professional development. If you share a belief in our mission; if you have a proven willingness to do what it takes for all students to achieve; if you are personally committed to fighting for social justice; and if you thrive in a collaborative environment, then, we’d love for you to join our team and family!
Under general supervision of the Director of School Nutrition Services, the Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of responsible secretarial and administrative duties in support of the KIPP ENC School Nutrition Department. Working with the Director ensures that the SN office meets high standards of operational and customer service excellence. Effective communication with staff and families along with a desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness of the School Nutrition Department is a must.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Build strong relationships with School Nutrition Managers, Directors of School Operations, and School Leaders
- Communicate effectively with families and colleagues
- Commit to positive customer service in challenging situations
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP ENC’s mission and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP families and staff
- Willingness to learn the operations and regulations of the School Nutrition Program
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Director with all federal and state reports to ensure compliance with all regulations governing the School Nutrition Program.
- Gather quotes on materials, supplies and equipment at request of Director
- Enter weekly invoices for processing
- Assist with processing financial assistance applications and entering in the database
- Manage all mail both incoming and outgoing
- Follow up on parent inquiries with Director
- Work with Directors of School Operations and staff requesting forms for medical and dietary needs
- Process timesheets and work with Director on payroll
- Perform temperature check process audits and other frequent accountability tasks on behalf of the Director
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow written and oral directions; present information clearly to School Leaders, staff, students, district employees and the public.
- Perform responsible clerical duties in support of a District level Director.
- Effectively and efficiently perform responsible clerical, secretarial, technical and administrative functions and activities.
- Must have working knowledge of Word, Excel, Google Docs and Sheets
- Must learn federal and state regulations which govern the federal school nutrition program
- Willingness to work in the school kitchens if needed
- Display maturity and ability to work independently
- Ability to stay calm under pressure especially in difficult conversations and situations
- Must be a Team Player who is proactive and will develop cooperative working relationships with administrators, staff, students, parents and the community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of clerical experience
- Any combination of training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed above.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.