Field Project Manager
- 5511 Capital Center Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Do Meaningful Work. We are a purpose-driven, venture-funded technology company creating solutions that serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, in partnership with the people, communities and organizations that also serve them. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect, we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered, and harmonious.
We love the work we do and think you will, too.
The Field Project Manager is responsible for working in the field with our internal team, external partners, and our customers to ensure the highest quality projects and the continuous development of our team members. This role will involve working directly with the technician teams in the field to communicate and hold the teams accountable for ensuring the best project execution for our customers. The Field Project Manager owns the project results while in the field and is responsible for successful completion of equipment deployments on-time and under budget.
The members of the FPM team are directly responsible for the success of the installation teams. The most successful Field Project Manager will be both a Project Manager and Leader, ensuring that the team members are efficient and productive, fully engaged in the business, and always focused on delivering the best possible Staff and Member experience as you represent K4Connect to our Members.
Some of the duties you'll perform
- Performing pre-installation Site Surveys to ensure the Design Engineering Team has all of the correct information about the project to ensure the most accurate design possible.
- Performing post-installation follow-up audits to ensure compliance with K4Connect standards.
- Communicating to the team and training them on the K4Connect standards on each project.
- Setting positive project flow habits with the teams including site walkthrough, inventory, project layout, on-site task scheduling, distribution, in-room installation, testing, and post-installation audit reviews with a focus on productivity and quality of work.
- Communicating to the teams the K4Connect quality standards of work and continually train them to ensure all of the technicians understand and are performing up to these standards.
- Training the teams in the field on the technical aspects of each of the different types of systems we install and support including installation, configuration, troubleshooting and testing.
- Training the internal and external teams in the field on how to communicate and work with our Members to ensure the best possible Staff and Member experience.
- Working with the Project Managers to schedule projects and ensure the appropriate mix of skills and abilities is available and utilized properly on each project.
- Communicate expectations and hold the teams accountable for the K4Connect code of conduct to ensure all team members are striving to perform up to their highest levels of performance and professional conduct.
The requirements of this role include:
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Excited and available for extensive travel across the U.S. via both flying and driving, depending on project location
- Resourceful technology problem-solving skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead by example and do the right things for K4Connect and our Members at all times
- High School diploma or GED required with preference to candidates with technical certifications, education and background
- Authorized to work in the U.S. and Valid driver’s license
K4Connect is a high impact, high growth, venture-backed startup on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer:
- Health Care Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Retirement Saving Option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Benefits
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holiday & K4Days
- Employee Lounge
- Steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives. If any of this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
K4Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.