- 5511 Capital Center Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Do Meaningful Work. We are a purpose-driven, venture-funded technology company creating solutions that serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, in partnership with the people, communities and organizations that also serve them. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect, we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered, and harmonious.
We love the work we do and think you will, too.
About the Position:
- Create simple and intuitive web and mobile designs.
- Develop data rich features that provide a view into the success of our mission.
- Own and manage all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support).
- Collaborate effectively with your Agile Scrum teammates and technical partners.
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization with a focus on problem solving.
- Hustle together with other motivated, mission driven engineers to serve our members and customers.
- BS in Computer Science or STEM discipline (Master's degree a plus).
- 7+ years experience building and supporting full stack applications within an agile team environment.
- Mobile app development experience. Experience in ReactNative is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to high quality, production code in one or more languages.
- Experience using various tools to ensure the quality of your own code (testing frameworks, source control practices, CI/CD).
- Can put yourself in our member’s shoes and advocate for them.
- Passionate about UX and good design.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with component-based web frameworks (Angular, React).
- Familiarity with Docker.
- History of leading or mentoring.
- Familiarity with SQL.
Some fun things you will be working on:
- Evolving our member experience to be a voice-first experience.
- Figuring out how to use technology in novel ways with a target demographic that is very often technology shy.
K4Connect is a high impact, high growth, venture-backed startup on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer:
- Health Care Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Retirement Saving Option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Benefits
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holiday & K4Days
- Employee Lounge
- Steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives. If any of this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
K4Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.